NHS Business Services Authority is responsible for running NHS Jobs. We'll process your personal information, progress your application with your potential new employer and into your contract of employment.
The law requires us to process your information so that your potential new employer can:
- check you’re fit to work or confirm what reasonable adjustments are required
- monitor the diversity of applicants to ensure we comply with the Equality Act 2010
- meet safeguarding law requirements where this is relevant to the vacancy
- confirm Right to Work, identity, and eligibility for the vacancy
Using your personal information
We'll use information within your employment application so that we can:
- personalise your visits to NHS Jobs and improve the services provided to you
- tell you about the latest changes to NHS Jobs
- provide customer service and support
- communicate with you on a personal level
- contact you to understand how you use the site and make improvements
- measure the performance of our service
Sharing your personal information
We may share your information with:
- the Electronic Staff Record System (ESR) used by your new employer, to pay you, manage your employment and for equal opportunities monitoring, if your application is successful
- employers who may hold copies of your application locally in their own systems as part of their recruitment process
- NHS Digital for summary monitoring purposes
- any other organisation who has a legal right to it
We’ll not transfer your personal data outside of the UK or the European Union (EU)
Keeping your personal information
For unsuccessful applications, personal information in the e-recruitment system will be deleted within 460 days of the advertised application closing date.
This information is retained so that we can revisit vacancies and applications in case the vacancy needs to be re-advertised or to enable us to respond to any applicant queries.
Successful applications will remain in the system for 400 days, but only information relevant to the employment of successful applicants will be retained within staff employment records. This will be specified in your contract of employment.
If you withdraw at offer stage, you’ll not receive any further information and your details may still be retained for 400 days securely outside of the e-recruitment system.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information NHS Jobs hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
- request that your information be deleted if you believe NHS Jobs are processing it for longer than is necessary, by emailing email@example.com