NEMS Community Benefit Services Ltd
This job is now closed
NEMS have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join our team!
We are looking for an HCA interested in part time work. The majority of shifts will be during evenings and overnights.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept applications submitted outside NHS Jobs. Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) Sponsorship is not being offered for this role. You must have Right to Work in the UK to apply.
Main duties of the job
Healthcare Assistants work as part of the team, providing clinical support to the multidisciplinary team and to assist other members of the team to ensure a high standard of patient care. Working under the supervision of a clinician and in accordance with specific practice guidelines and protocols, be responsible for performing specific duties including basic vital observations. The Healthcare Assistant will also undertake basic housekeeping duties as directed by the clinician in charge and have a flexible approach to shift patterns and service needs which may involve working in different areas or cross site working.
NEMS CBS is a high quality, high performing; not-for-profit organisation which delivers integrated urgent care and urgent primary care services to over 1 million patients. Responsive, adaptable and continually evolving, we have a reputation for delivering locally tailored, safe, effective and cost-efficient services with high levels of patient satisfaction.
We are committed to investing in our people and have an established programme of learning and development, successfully developing our own Urgent Care Practitioners and Advanced Clinical Practitioners.
NEMS currently operates 3 main services: (1) Integrated Urgent Care across Nottinghamshire serving a patient population of over 1 million, including home visiting, remote consultation and clinical assessment services; (2) Urgent Primary care provision located within the A&E Department at QMC, (3) A 24-hour walk-in urgent primary care service adjacent to Kings Mill Hospital A&E, Mansfield.
Core benefits for the NEMS workforce:
- 25 days of holiday entitlement + bank holidays (pro rata)
- NHS Pension
- Access ongoing continuous professional development
- Regular clinical supervision
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Opportunity to participate in service development and improvement
- Free tea & coffee
- Eye Care Vouchers
Main Duties of The Job:
- To work efficiently and professionally with the multidisciplinary team to provide a safe and efficient service to all service users and their carer.
- To competently undertake and record (and after appropriate training) base line observations:
- Blood oxygen saturations
- Blood pressure
- Blood Glucose
- Peak Flow
- ECG Recording
- Act as first point of contact with patients and/or their carer, maintaining oversight of the waiting room.
- To liaise with clinicians over the appropriate prioritisation of patients in the waiting room, utilising recommended early warning scores such as PEWS (Paediatric Early Warning Score) or NEWS2 (National Early Warning Score).
- Able to work under minimal supervision but fully aware when to escalate concerns to a registered healthcare professional.
- Recognising changes in patients observations/condition and reporting them to the nurse in charge/ appropriate registered healthcare professional.
- Assisting with patient treatment including patient dressings, chaperone and during any medical emergencies,
- To feedback, report and escalate as appropriate the condition and welfare, including safeguarding, of patients to the appropriate clinician.
Please see attached the full Job Description for further details.