Operational Service Manager and Acutes Lead
NEMS Community Benefit Services Ltd
This job is now closed
Here at NEMS we have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Service Manager and Acutes Lead at our Primary Care 24 Service based in Kingsmill Hospital!
- Do you have over 3 years management experience?
- Have you worked in a customer/patient facing sector?
- Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
Then this could be the perfect role for you!
Main duties of the job
- Service Performance and Delivery
- Organisational Management
- Staff Management and Performance
- Strategic Activities
- Patient and Customer Experience
- Service Finances
- Inform Service Improvement and Manage System changes
- OOH On-call responsibility
NEMS CBS is a high quality, high performing; not-for-profit organisation which delivers integrated urgent care and urgent primary care services to over 1 million patients. Responsive, adaptable and continually evolving, we have a reputation for delivering locally-tailored, safe, effective and cost efficient services with high levels of patient satisfaction.
NEMS currently operates 3 main services: (1) Integrated Urgent Care across Nottinghamshire serving a patient population of over 1 million, including home visiting, remote consultation and clinical assessment services; (2) Urgent Primary care provision located within the A&E Department at QMC, (3) A 24-hour walk-in urgent primary care service adjacent to Kings Mill Hospital A&E, Mansfield.
Core Benefits for NEMS Workforce:
- 25 days of holiday entitlement + bank holidays (pro rata) (an additional 5 days provided upon 5 years service at NEMS)
- NHS Pension
- Access ongoing continuous professional development
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Opportunity to participate in service development and improvement
- Free tea & coffee
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Opportunity to make a difference to your local community
The Operational Service Manager is a key member of staff whose role is to ensure the operational effectiveness of the following services:
- Out of Hours (OOH) services in Nottingham and Mid-Nottingham (4 locations)
- Clinical Hub
- All NEMS CBS Call Handling Contracts
- Primary Care Services in Emergency Department (2 Locations)
- NEMS Pathways Clinical Navigator
- Community Pathfinder/Home Intervention
For more information on the specifics of this role, please find the job description attached to this advert.