NEMS Community Benefit Services Ltd
This job is now closed
We are looking for a full or part-time Physician Associate to take up an exciting opportunity at NEMS!
Our Commitment to You:
- We will provide a supportive learning environment.
- We will help you set out and revise specific educational goals
- We will ensure appropriate clinical supervision
- You will receive regular appraisals,
- You will be supported and financed to attend agreed CPD i.e. 25 hours courses/conferences and expected to do another 25 hours of learning which can be service based audits, teaching students or personal study and reflection
Main duties of the job
As a Physician Associate you will be acting within your professional boundaries, providing care for patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of their care under the supervision of a GP.
You will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the services, in consultation with the GP. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team to support the delivery of policy and procedures and meet the needs of patients.
NEMS CBS is a high quality, high performing; not-for-profit organisation which delivers integrated urgent care and urgent primary care services to over 1 million patients. Responsive, adaptable and continually evolving, we have a reputation for delivering locally-tailored, safe, effective and cost efficient services with high levels of patient satisfaction.
We are committed to investing in our people and have an established programme of learning and development, successfully developing our own Urgent Care Practitioners and Advanced Clinical Practitioners.
NEMS currently operates 3 main services: (1) Integrated Urgent Care across Nottinghamshire serving a patient population of over 1 million, including home visiting, remote consultation and clinical assessment services; (2) Urgent Primary care provision located within the A&E Department at QMC, (3) A 24-hour walk-in urgent primary care service adjacent to Kings Mill Hospital A&E, Mansfield.
NEMS CBS is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
- 25 days of holiday entitlement + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Additional 5 days Annual Leave upon completion of 5 years continued service with NEMS
- NHS Pension
- Access ongoing continuous professional development
- Regular clinical supervision
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Opportunity to participate in service development and improvement
- Free tea & coffee
- Eye Care Vouchers
The post holder will, under appropriate supervision:
- Provide first point of contact for patients presenting with undifferentiated, undiagnosed problems, utilising history taking, physical examination, problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills to establish a working diagnosis and management plan working in partnership with patients.
- Undertake as agreed consultations for emergency or urgent problems. In addition, undertake telephone consultations / home visits.
- Instigate necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports within the scope of a PAs practice. Discuss the result and implications of laboratory investigations with patients
- Utilise clinical guidelines and promote evidence-based practice
- Offer a holistic service to patients and their families, developing where appropriate an on-going plan of care/support with an emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Refer patients directly to other services or agencies using appropriate referral pathways
- Ensure safe handover of care within and outside the practice as appropriate
- Work directly with members of the health care team and support integrated patient centred care through appropriate working with wider primary care / social care networks
- Contribute to the practice quality targets to consistently achieve high standards of safe, evidence-based, cost-effective patient care and service delivery
Personal & Practical Qualities
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).