Driver/Doctor Assistant (Nights/Bank)
NEMS Community Benefit Services Ltd
This job is now closed
NEMS have an exciting opportunity for a Driver/ Doctor Assistant to join our Operations Team!
This role would suit anyone that is looking for something more than just a driver role. As part of this role, you will chaperone our doctors to home visits with patients, provide patient transport on request, and ensure our vehicle fleet is ready for service by completing vehicle and equipment checks ensuring safety is paramount.
The Driver/Doctor Assistant is a key member of staff whose role is to support operational effectiveness to our out of hours service.
Main duties of the job
The main purpose of this role is to work with all Operational Staff to ensure efficient and effective:
- Transport of GPs between NEMS Sites and home addresses
- Provide reception duties at NEMS Sites where required
- Undertake basic admin duties
- Undertake daily car checks to ensure vehicles, equipment, and paperwork are ready for shift
- Work closely with our other sites under NEMS CBS
- Support Clinicians as required within the remit of the role
- Purchase refreshments
NEMS Community Benefit Services Limited (NEMS) is a Company Limited by Guarantee; a not-for-profit social enterprise with the purpose of providing health and social care for the benefit of the community, and not for the profit of its Members.
It serves the 1,043,700 population of the geography covered by Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care System (ICS) with urgent primary health care services delivered 24/7 out of locations in Nottingham, Sutton-in-Ashfield and Newark. It also delivers a non-clinical call handling service. The workforce of 400+ comprises of 230 substantive staff, 140+ sessional GPs and 50+ agency workers.
Key Benefits of joining NEMS
- 25 days of holiday entitlement + bank holidays (pro rata)
- NHS Pension
- Access ongoing continuous professional development
- Regular clinical supervision
- Flexible working options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Opportunity to participate in service development and improvement
- Free tea & coffee
- Eye Care Vouchers
The Driver/Doctors Assistant is a key member of staff whose role is to support operational effectiveness of the NEMS CBS Out of Hours services.
The full job description for this role can be found in the supporting information.