Health Care Assistant
Cambridgeshire GP Network Ltd
The closing date is 05 June 2022
This is an exciting new role within CGPN, the post holder will be a key member of the CGPN Nursing Team assisting with provision and delivery of CGPN’s clinical services and initiatives within Cambridgeshire.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Health Care Assistant to be responsible for the delivery of Health Care Assistant services. The post holder will as part of the CGPN multidisciplinary team deliver care within their scope to the patient population. The HCA will be working within several clinical areas, including chronic disease reviews, phlebotomy and blood pressure monitoring.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting and varied role that requires:
• The ability to work autonomously in the community as part of the nursing team providing a high quality of care to patients in their own homes.
• Assist in the implementation of new services, including a Home Visiting HCA service
• Assuring clinical safety and driving excellent patient outcomes
Cambs GP Network is a Federation of GP practices in Cambridge, Ely, Royston and the surrounding villages. We strongly believe in the value of Primary Care.
Our overarching vision is to protect General Practice and develop Primary Care in order to provide the best possible care for our patients.
We are a private limited company with a social enterprise ethos. Our practices are our shareholders and any profits made are reinvested into our practices and into providing services for our patient population.
Our team is made up of Operational staff, GP's, Practice Nurses, HCA's.
- Prepares for and performs clinical procedures
- Procedures may include, testing urine samples, blood pressure monitoring, blood glucose testing, pulse-oximetry, phlebotomy and gathering baseline observations according to competencies
- To ensure all samples/specimens are recorded correctly and transported in a timely and appropriate manner according to service policies
- Be able to accurately record patient observations and inform patients own GP practice of any escalations necessary.
- Monitoring and maintaining CGPN consumable stock levels
- To follow organisational policy
• Actively engage with service users to monitor outcomes and service satisfaction
Primary Care Hubs
• To provide additional support to Primary care Hubs as required
- To participate in team meetings both clinical and operational where appropriate
• Act as an advocate when representing patients and colleagues
• Communicate effectively, recognising the need for alternative methods of communication to overcome different levels of understanding, cultural background and preferred ways of communicating
• Work alongside the Lead Nurse and the CGPN Team to identify improvements to the service and how these can be implemented as and when requested
Learning and Development
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks support from Lead Nurse to develop these
- Undertakes mandatory and essential training required for the role
- Recognises and understands the roles of others and supports new and less experienced staff under the direction of the CGPN Lead Nurse
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Cambridgeshire GP Network Ltd
For questions about the job, contact:
10 May 2022
Full-time, Part-time, Job share