Improved Access Practice Nurse
Taurus Healthcare Limited
This job is now closed
Flexible working (Monday – Friday Evenings and weekend daytime)
Location: Across all six Improved Access hubs based in Herefordshire (Hereford, Ledbury, Leominster, Kington, Bromyard, Ross on Wye).
We are recruiting Nurses to join our friendly professional team to provide primary care services for Taurus Healthcare in the evenings, at weekends and Bank Holidays.
We are looking for experienced Nurses and Practice Nurses who can provide evidence of minimum skills as indicated below. With a passion for providing excellent nursing care to deliver general practice nursing services you will ideally be competent in chronic disease management, cervical cytology, and contraception. As minimum you will be competent in wound care, venepuncture, IM injections and supervision of HCA’s and phlebotomists.
Main duties of the job
· Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to meet the care needs of patients.
· Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that encourage patients to live healthily, and apply principles of self-care around diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking cessation
· Manage patients presenting with wounds including removal of sutures and clips.
· Administering routine injections such as B12 and decapeptyl.
· Undertake ECG’s
· Administration of immunisations in line with national policy utilising local PGD’s
· Ensuring safe vaccine and cold chain storage.
· Undertake cervical cytology screening on those who are eligible in line with national guidelines following local procedures (if competent)
· Give women advice on all forms of contraception aiding them to make an informed choice
· Provide sexual health assessment, advice and direct to appropriate testing, performing swabs if necessary.
Taurus Healthcare was established in 2012, as the provider arm of the GP Federation serving over 190,000 patients in Herefordshire. Founded and owned by the partners of the entire Herefordshire Primary Care community, Taurus is focused on providing excellent out of hospital services for patients. Our ethos is to provide high quality and cost-effective health outcomes that are delivered as close as possible to patients’ homes, whilst ensuring that patients who do require in hospital services are seen as quickly and effectively as possible.
To provide primary medical services to Herefordshire population outside of regular working hours. Practice a range of clinical skills to deliver general practice nursing care as an autonomous practitioner and support/supervise Health Care Assistants and phlebotomists in the clinical area you are working in. To work within your scope of practice and clinical expertise.
Please see attached Job Description for further details.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).