Trainee Pharmacy Technician ( Cross Sector) Apprenticeship
Taurus Healthcare Limited
The closing date is 25 January 2022
Trainee Pharmacy Technician (Cross Sector) Apprenticeship
Based at Great Whitley Surgery and Stourport Pharmacy
Pay Scheme – Agenda for Change
Salary – Band 4 (Adjusted Trainee Rate)
Fixed Term Contract: 2 years
Interview date: 01/02/2022
We have a brand new and exciting training opportunity for Cross Sector Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated and interested in developing a career in Pharmacy?
Would you like to become a professional registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council?
Do you have good communication and interpersonal skills?
This is a fantastic opportunity to undertake a formal professional qualification whilst learning on the job.
Please see attached documents for full details.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to know more please contact:
Fiona Ward, Lead for Education and Training, Herefordshire & Worcestershire Training Hub
Main duties of the job
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain an extensive understanding of Pharmacy, you will rotate between two workplaces: Great Witley Surgery and Stourport Pharmacy.
The rotation will be:
2 days per week in general practice
2 day per week in community pharmacy
1 day per week study
You will be required to complete the qualification for apprentice Pharmacy Technicians - BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians. You will be registered as a student with Buttercups Training who provide the learning online.
You will require FOUR GCSE passes (Grade A*-C / Level 9-4) including Mathematics, English Language, Science and one other.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive network of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
You will be part of both the practice and pharmacy team but under the employment of Herefordshire and Worcestershire Training Hub at Taurus Healthcare Ltd who will have oversight of the HEE program.
The Herefordshire and Worcestershire Training Hub hosted by Taurus Healthcare will be the employer for the duration of the apprenticeship with the placements required to complete the apprenticeship being with Great Witley Surgery and Stourport Pharmacy
The post holder will develop knowledge, skills and competencies to achieve a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians through a structured rotational training program with Community Pharmacy and General Practice in order to register with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician under the support and guidance of Pharmacy and Practice staff.
The postholder will complete competencies in the workplace to achieve the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians & NVQ 3 in Pharmacy Service Skills and will complete the learning organised by the training provider using all the allocated weekly study day and study in personal time.
The postholder will ensure knowledge, attitudes and behavior follow the General Pharmaceutical Council’s Standards for Pharmacy Professionals during the two-year training programme in order that they can seek a declaration of competence from supervising pharmacists in all sectors.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- To study for 1 day a week to achieve the Pre-Registration Pharmacy Technician training programme in the two-year fixed term contract and complete BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Technicians.
- To rotate to Community Pharmacy for 2 days a week - dispensing, issuing medicines and counselling patients on how to use their medicines, stock management, reconciliation of medicines, and Over the Counter sales for minor ailments, medicines review, and enhanced services e.g. stop smoking services under the supervision of Pharmacy Staff.
- To rotate to General Practice for 2 days a week – responding to a prescription requests, reviewing hospital discharge/clinical letters and reconciling medication against current medications highlighting discrepancies under the supervision of the pharmacist. Completing audits under the supervision of a pharmacist and practice team.
- To gain knowledge of diseases, basic treatments and the actions and uses of drugs.
- To answer basic pharmaceutical queries under supervision.
- To learn about and contribute to the objectives for safe patient care in all workplaces.
To support team values to ensure the maintenance of the highest professional standards.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Taurus Healthcare Limited
For help with your application, contact:
11 January 2022
Negotiable Agenda For Change Band 4 (Adjusted Trainee Rate)