Covid Vaccination Lead Nurse
Taurus Healthcare Limited
The closing date is 27 May 2022
Taurus Healthcare is looking for 2 additional Lead Nurses for its Covid Vaccination programme.
£42,230 Per annum (Enhanced weekend rate per annum: £44,805)
Fixed Term until March 2023
As a Lead Nurse for immunisations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of vaccinations for both influenza (flu) and the COVID-19 vaccine(s). In addition, there will be a requirement to cover other Taurus services and therefore flexibility of hours and locations will be required in these posts.
The post holder will undertake a clinical supervisory role, overseeing a team of Seasonal Flu & Pandemic Immunisers and healthcare assistants. The Lead Nurse will be present on site, or as part of a roving team, for each vaccination clinic to both administer vaccinations and support staff with clinical queries. The post holder will be the identified Basic Life Support lead for all shifts.
Main duties of the job
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Delivery of a safe immunisation service, assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- Undertaking identified BLS Lead on each shift
- Conducting clinical assessments of patients prior to vaccination
- Supporting the reviews of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions and offering specialist advice as needed.
- Site - The supervision of the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station within the mass vaccination delivery model.
- Home - The supervision of the assessment of vaccination environment in patients’ home environment and establishing an appropriate and safe vaccine reconstitution area. (Home environment refers to a care home setting and an individual patient’s home).
- The clinical supervision of safe vaccination delivery.
- The supervision of drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration and ensuring that each activity is recorded.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures
Taurus Healthcare was established in 2012, as the provider arm of the GP Federation serving 185,000 patients in Herefordshire. Founded and owned by the partners of the entire Herefordshire Primary Care community, Taurus is focused on providing excellent out of hospital services for patients. Our ethos is to provide high quality and cost-effective health outcomes that are delivered as close as possible to the patients’ home, whilst ensuring that patients who do require in hospital services are seen as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Site - Assist with the overall coordination of the site activity and day to day delivery of the vaccinations, ensuring clinic rooms and equipment within own area are prepared and sufficient stock of clinic supplies are available.
• Home - Assist with the overall coordination of the diarized community activity plans including site specific for care homes and individual homes and day to day delivery of the vaccinations.
• Ensure equipment and clear plans are available at the start of each day/session.
• Supervise the pre-vaccination clinical assessments to confirm the correct vaccination, the consent agreements and consult on the provision of specialist advice on contra indications
• Address any concerns that may arise regarding the vaccine and contra-indications.
• Supervise the review of patients’ medical history and address any potential adverse reaction risks; provide patients with information on what to do in the event of adverse reactions.
Supervise and advise on the planning processes for the day’s activities:
• Confirmation and recording of required vaccine stocks, PPE and vaccine consumables
• Confirmation of availability for sanitisation materials and waste/clinical waste receptacles
• Confirm individual clinicians have the required equipment for their diary commitments
Please see the attached Job Description for further details.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Taurus Healthcare Limited
For questions about the job, contact:
29 April 2022
£42,230 a year Weekend enhanced rate: £44,805 Per annum