Taurus Healthcare Limited
The closing date is 26 January 2022
This role is required to start as soon as possible and therefore we may close the advert early if a successful candidate applies.
15 hours per week
Temporary for 4 - 6 months
£22,000 pro rata per annum
Location: Hereford & Worcester
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Executive Assistant to provide administration and finance support.
The Executive Assistant will be the first point of contact for queries related to the team so will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to build and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and be able to respond quickly using their own initiative. Experience of using Google Drive and Google email after Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and have an organised approach to their work.
The successful candidate must be able to attend evening meetings in Hereford and Worcestershire twice a month. (currently being held virtually)
The successful candidate ideally will have previous experience of processing invoices and raising invoices for income and is able to identify and address account discrepancies. Previous payroll processes would be advantage.
Responsibility for timely online banking payments to include weekly supplier payments and Bankline payments.
Previous experience of maintaining websites and sending out newsletters.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a PA/Executive Assistant role including managing diaries, arranging meetings and taking accurate and complete minutes. They will enjoy working in a busy environment and be able to prioritise their work effectively, using their initiative to solve problems or improve methods of working.
• Mailbox monitoring and circulating emails
• Prepare weekly newsletter
• Processing invoices for payment
• Creating invoices
• Collating payroll information for processing
• Diary management and arranging meetings
• Arranging meetings and travel arrangements
• Prepare meeting agendas – Attend two meetings a month in the evening to take minutes, must be able to drive and attend meetings in Hereford and Worcestershire when face to face meetings are resumed
• Follow up meeting actions
• Update website with agenda and minutes of meetings and newsletters and general updating
• Cleansing of mailing lists
Taurus Healthcare was established in 2012, as the provider arm of the GP Federation serving 185,000 patients in Herefordshire. Founded and owned by the partners of the entire Herefordshire Primary Care community, Taurus is focused on providing excellent out of hospital services for patients. Our ethos is to provide high quality and cost-effective health outcomes that are delivered as close as possible to the patients home, whilst ensuring that patients who do require in hospital services are seen as quickly and effectively as possible.
To support the work of one of our clients by providing high quality administration support and finance support to the Medical Secretary and members of the team.
To be the first point of contact for our client for all administration and finance duties.
To manage the diary of the Medical Secretary and Chairman and ensuring their time is effectively deployed and they have all the necessary papers for meetings.
To arrange meetings and conferences across Herefordshire and Worcestershire, producing agendas and taking minutes and actions. To attend monthly meetings in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
To manage and maintain the clients website, ensuring it is kept up to date.
To manage the clients database and maintain accurate membership information
To manage and archive and filing systems
To provide general guidance to the Worcestershire LMC of any legislative changes which may affect the general management of the Worcestershire LMC
To ensure invoices are processed on time on a monthly and quarterly basis and recorded appropriately.
To ensure payroll information is collated in a timely manner
To prepare a weekly newsletter for dissemination
To monitor the clients mailbox and disseminate emails as appropriate
• Manage the day-to-day financial management of the organisation.
• Calculate and arrange funding by means of statutory and voluntary levies.
• Keep the committee’s cheque book, retain receipts and make payments.
• Receive bank statements and reconcile with the cash book.
• Calculate and pay all honoraria to members and officers including attendance honoraria.
• Keep all Income Tax and National Insurance documents, responsible for payments to Inland Revenue and annual returns.
• Assist on behalf of our client in dealings with the Stakeholders, Accountants and other relevant organisations.
• To maintain an awareness of national guidance and assist in the development of the our clients response and advice to members.
• Liaise with and advise our clients on the Regulations, Terms of Service and all other matters such as problems arising from the actions problems in consultation with the Medical Secretary.
• Review, update and maintenance of our clients website
• Distribution of Newsletter on a weekly basis.
• To implement a database.
• To manage, update and maintain membership records within the database.
• To arrange and co-ordinate meetings of our client providing full administrative and secretarial support; distribution of agenda and meeting papers, minute taking, transcription and distribution and follow up.
• To arrange and co-ordinate meetings for the Medical Secretary, assembly and distribution of papers, attendance and minute taking as required.
• To coordinate requests from members of for assistance from the Medical Secretary.
• Regularly read through list server and determine what information should be distributed.
• Arrange the Annual Dinner
• Attend Annual Conference with representatives from the committee.
• To book transport, hotels and meals for members.
• To manage incoming and outgoing communications and information of the organisation, answering telephone, dealing with queries, opening, distributing incoming post and mailing outgoing post.
• Maintain and develop filing and archiving system, file and retrieve correspondence/documentation as appropriate.
• Purchase of all office equipment and supplies.
• Organisation and attendance of team meetings, ensuring exchange of development information.
• Oversee all holidays ensuring minimal disruption and continuous cover. Arrange temporary staff cover as necessary.
• This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties, which may be requested from time to time.
• To work collaboratively with the Business Support Executive Lead for the Managing Director and Executive Assistant for the Director of Nursing and Quality and provide Executive Support, as necessary, in their absence. This may include, for example, taking minutes for Senior Management Team, Board meetings, Quality meetings or PCN meetings.
• To attend the weekly Business Support meetings.
• To carry out any other appropriate duties as required.
Taurus Healthcare Limited
For help with your application, contact:
12 January 2022
£22,000 a year