Taurus Healthcare Limited
This job is now closed
*Taurus Healthcare are advertising on behalf of Much Birch Surgery*
Much Birch Surgery are looking for 2 receptionists / care navigators for our friendly, rural Practice.
Being able to effectively and sensitively communicate is a must whilst being a great team player. Flexibility to provide cover for reception colleagues is also key requirement.
Previous reception and office experience is essential and previous experience of working within General Practice is desirable. Full training on our clinical systems will be given.
Part time and full time posts available.
The interview date will be Tuesday 30th August 2022.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will help support the provision of continuity of care for patients at Fownhope Medical Centre as they access services at the surgery and across the wider Primary Care Network. They will be responsible for managing the call and recall process for chronic disease management and for identifying patient groups who would benefit from proactive health support. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Primary Care and possess excellent communication and organisation skills, with a demonstrable passion for enhancing patient experience and outcomes.
Please see the attached Job Description for further information.
Much Birch Surgery is a 5 partner, forward thinking and rapidly expanding GP dispensing practice, at the heart of the community with a list size of 5000 patients. We are high achieving and innovative with a quality improvement culture. Our ethos is caring; for our patients and staff and we pride ourselves on our support for the wider community. The practice covers an area reaching from the edges of Hereford to Ross on Wye, extending into the villages of the Golden Valley.
The ideal candidates will relish the opportunity to work within a fast paced and often challenging environment. We are looking for candidates who have outstanding communication skills, who are compassionate and friendly whilst having a flair for excellent care navigation, to ensure patients receive the best and most appropriate clinical care.
Both positions involve front desk greeting, booking appointments and answering enquires, processing of patient information as well as other administrative duties.
· To have good people and communication skills
· To be able to work under pressure
· To have a pleasant telephone manner
· To have good keyboard skills
· To be computer literate including the use of Microsoft Office
· To be accurate with the retrieval and input of data
· To be able to work within a team
· To be flexible in your approach to the Practice’s requirements
· To be able to use common sense, prioritise and have a pro-active approach to your workload
· To possess the following certificates – English / Maths GCSE Grade C (equivalent)
· To have experience of working in Emis
· To work, or have worked, within an NHS/GP setting
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· To possess any of the following certificates – AMSPAR; Reception or Customer Service Certificates
· Understand the need for confidentiality
· Keen to resolve problems
· To carry out workload in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
· Keen to learn new aspects of working and embrace change
· Able to take direction from senior staff, but equally to take on own responsibilities
· To have a caring and understanding nature
· Ability to liaise with all levels of personnel