Taurus Healthcare Limited
The closing date is 28 August 2022
We have exciting zero hours opportunities for Registered Healthcare Professionals to deliver Covid immunisations across our Herefordshire PCNs until March 2023.
Main duties of the job
As a Registered Health Care Professional working in immunisations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of vaccinations for both influenza and the COVID-19 vaccine(s). The post holder will undertake activities such as: clinical assessment, dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials and post vaccine observations support.
Taurus Healthcare was established in 2012, as the provider arm of the GP Federation serving 185,000 patients in Herefordshire. Founded and owned by the partners of the entire Herefordshire Primary Care community, Taurus is focused on providing excellent out of hospital services for patients. Our ethos is to provide high quality and cost-effective health outcomes that are delivered as close as possible to the patients home, whilst ensuring that patients who do require in hospital services are seen as quickly and effectively as possible.
The post holders will be responsible for:
• The assessment of vaccination environment in patients’ home environment and establishing an appropriate and safe vaccine reconstitution area.
• Conducting clinical assessments.
• The review of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions.
• Preparation of the vaccine prior to administration to vaccinate patients or for an immuniser to undertake the vaccination process.
• Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).