Improved Access Receptionists
Taurus Healthcare Limited
The closing date is 04 July 2022
*Zero hours contract - New to Taurus employees will normally start at the first pay point on the salary band*
Flexible working (Monday – Friday Evenings and weekend daytime)
Location: Based across the 6 hubs in Herefordshire (Hereford, Kington, Ross-on-Wye, Leominster, Ledbury and Bromyard) - Mileage payable working away from assigned base hub location.
As a Receptionist you will become part of our friendly primary care team. You will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding care to our patients.
We are looking for motivated individuals who want a rewarding role, as part of a service that makes a difference.
The Receptionist will work alongside the Primary Care team providing receptionist and administrative support within surgeries. Customer service experience and IT skills are essential. Knowledge of primary care, or health care and its IT system (EMIS) would be advantageous.
Main duties of the job
· Possess customer service experience.
· Knowledge and experience of using IT systems.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Good time management.
· Good organisational skills, ability to prioritise their workload.
· Understanding of, and commitment to, patient confidentiality.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Taurus Healthcare was established in 2012, as the provider arm of the GP Federation serving 185,000 patients in Herefordshire. Founded and owned by the partners of the entire Herefordshire Primary Care community, Taurus is focused on providing excellent out of hospital services for patients. Our ethos is to provide high quality and cost-effective health outcomes that are delivered as close as possible to the patients home, whilst ensuring that patients who do require in hospital services are seen as quickly and effectively as possible.
To welcome and book-in patients at the Station Medical Centre in Herefordshire at the Out of Hours service, predominantly at weekends.
To utilise Adastra and EMIS systems to schedule appointments following 111 referrals Out of Hours clinicians triage, face to face or home visits.
Acting as support for the operational Team Leader for any administrative functions required.
· Efficient use of EMIS to register patients and manage appointment books
· Efficient use of Adastra to identify cases for Herefordshire OOH team to manage
· Maintaining high levels of accuracy and attention to detail when entering information onto databases or information systems such as ADASTRA and EMIS medical systems. E.g. ADASTRA for ‘new’ patient details transferred to EMIS and referrals from HCP’s (Healthcare Professionals).
· To answer the telephone and manage enquiries
· Maintain and monitor patient seating ensuring the area is clean (following infection control guidelines) and fit for purpose and raise any issues with Team Leader and supporting the flow of entry and exit for the building, following infection control processes.
· To observe patients, in the seating area to ensure the area is safe, and immediately escalating concerns to Team Leader and GP on site for any patient who you observe in the seating area that may have deteriorated.
· Identifying any security issues and notifying to the Team Leader and reporting as necessary i.e. Police (999) or 101 service. (e.g. hostile, aggressive and potentially intoxicated patients / members of the public)
· Identifying any safeguarding concerns and escalating to Team Leader
· Providing information and supporting clinicians with patients that do not arrive for their appointment.
· To be approachable and when required provide support to patients, relatives and other Health Care Professions in a professional manner.
· To help provide assistants to a safe working environment for clinicians and patients in a lone working environment and supporting clinicians to feel safe in challenging environments.
· To act as a chaperone if required
Taurus Healthcare Limited
For questions about the job, contact:
14 April 2022
£9.55 an hour