Operations Manager - WBC PCN
Taurus Healthcare Limited
This job is now closed
Interview date: 24th August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join WBC Primary Care Network providing day to day management for our expanding team.
WBC has an excellent network team working across 3 GP practices in Hereford City. We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Operations Manager to help us build on this success for the next phase of PCN development.
The Operations Manager will assist the PCN Development Manager with the implementation and development of new roles, ensuring they meet the needs of the PCN and are fully embedded within network teams. This includes supporting roles employed through the additional roles reimbursement scheme (ARRS) and our emerging Wellbeing Team.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will support the leadership team with managing specific projects and the achievement of contract targets. They will play a vital role in developing new and innovative service provision focused on population health management.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
· Developing robust operational plans to implement directives agreed by the PCN Practices with Development Manager and Clinical Directors
· Overseeing and managing ARRS staff, ensuring that services are delivered according to SLAs and/or Job Descriptions and operational
· Implementing and maintaining PCN services supporting delivery of network contracts and performance targets including: PCN DES specifications, Impact & Investment Fund (IIF) targets, Enhanced Services, and local contracts.
WBC Primary Care Network includes 3 Hereford city - based practices; Wargrave House Surgery, Belmont Medical Centre and Cantilupe Surgery.
As a small network we are fortunate to be able to work closely together to understand the shared needs of our patient population and directly implement new ways of providing excellent patient care. We are big enough to cope – and small enough to care.
WBC has established exceptional collaborative relationships and has been able to respond quickly and effectively during the covid pandemic. The network has 2 dynamic GP Clinical Directors and committed practice teams and continues to go from strength to strength.
Come and work with us and be part of creating a resilient and confident team supporting primary care to transform the health and wellbeing of our community.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- To develop robust operational plans to implement directives agreed by the PCN Practices with Development Manager and Clinical Directors
o Works collaboratively with teams across the network to deliver a safe and effective service which makes the best use of available resources
o Assists in the resolution of any complaints, resolving informal complaints locally and assisting in the investigation of and response to formal complaints as required
o Is aware of performance and quality indicators for all aspects of Primary Care
o Convenes and leads relevant meetings, ensuring outcomes are recorded and shared with member practices and key stakeholders
- To oversee and manage ARRS staff, ensuring that services are delivered according to SLAs and/or Job Descriptions and operational plans
o Leads recruitment of staff in collaboration with Taurus HR department, developing job descriptions and personal specifications for new roles identified by the network
o Operationally manages specified staff within WBC PCN including sickness, absence, performance, professional development, and training
o Liaises with clinical supervisors and additional roles staff ensuring sufficient support and feedback from WBC Practices
o Ensures that all staff are compliant with Taurus and Practice requirements by undertaking staff appraisals with support from clinical supervisors where necessary, working in partnership with the Training Hub to contribute to the training needs analysis and workforce development
o Management of rotas to ensure services are adequately covered, liaising with practice teams to ensure that they are informed of rotas.
- To implement and maintain PCN services supporting delivery of network contracts and performance targets including: PCN DES specifications, Impact & Investment Fund (IIF) targets, Enhanced Services, and local contracts.
o Explores new patient pathways in conjunction with PCN staff and practices to support General Practice resilience, contract delivery and enhance patient care
o Contributes to setting KPI’s to monitor services and review these against performance to measure the impact of roles for patients and General Practice workforce
o Works closely with the relevant teams and Practices to support network implementation of agreed service changes, pathways, and quality improvement
o Helps staff within the WBC PCN understand and support delivery of its strategic objectives and outcomes framework
o Uses business intelligence and clinical data to report on services performance to PCN practices, Development Manager and Clinical Directors.
- To deputise for the PCN Development Manager as required