Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise CIC
This job is now closed
We have exciting opportunities for qualified Dental Nurses to join our Exeter team.
We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly Dental Nurses who are interested in working in our state-of-the-art dental education facilities supporting the education of students who are studying to become a Dentist or Hygiene Therapist.
Main duties of the job
The role holder will support the provision of primary care dentistry on our undergraduate student clinics as well as providing chairside assistance to our general dental practitioners.
Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise (PDSE) are an award-winning Social Enterprise and Community Interest Company. We provide NHS treatment and outreach services to local communities in Devon and Cornwall and we work closely with the University of Plymouths Peninsula Dental School to support the clinical education of its dental healthcare students.
As a social enterprise, we are a values driven organisation with a focus on patient-centred care and addressing local oral health needs.
- Effective and efficient engagement with all processes required to support the provision of clinical care
- Effective communication skills to maximise the efficiency of the clinics
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Equality and Diversity regulations for staff, students and patients
- Ensure all clinicians and students are adhering to policies, protocols and processes
- Provide chairside assistance during dental procedures
Measures of success:
- Successful outcomes to items listed in role summary and other delegated tasks
- Successful delivery of key priorities and objectives agreed with manager and as part of the performance development review
- Positive customer feedback
- Meets deadlines
- Manages competing demands
Knowledge, Education and Training:
- Dental Nurse, registered with the General Dental Council
- Additional dental qualifications are desirable but not essential
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy, including competence with Microsoft Office and R4. Full training will be given
- Evidence of work in a dental environment
- Ability to work as an individual within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of how internal processes can impact on organisational performance
- Able to prioritise and move between tasks to meet deadlines
- Able to travel independently within the Peninsula
- Demonstrates self-leadership
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment at all times
- Demonstrates commitment and support to PDSE, to PDSE managers and to colleagues
- Uses initiative to start and complete tasks without direct supervision
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Uses own expertise and uses it to develop others
- Supports others to achieve goals
- Forms good working relationships with colleagues to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands
- Uses full range of knowledge of dental procedures, including any specialist knowledge, to support patient care
This post requires Hepatitis B immunisation and other health clearance as stipulated by Occupational Health.
Staff on 52 week contracts must take the majority of their annual leave allocation outside of term time. Requests for annual leave within term-time will only be granted if the functioning of the clinics will not be compromised.
Plymouth-based Dental Nurses will be routinely required to work across both Plymouth sites and may occasionally be required to work in Exeter or Truro.
Exeter and Truro based staff will routinely be based in one site and may occasionally be required to work in any of the other sites.
This job description provides a general reflection of the key accountabilities associated with the post, it is expected that the role holder will undertake any other reasonable activities to assist in efficient service delivery.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change as the post develops, but such change will not take place without consultation between the post holder and their manager. Job descriptions should be reviewed at least annually at the appraisal meeting.
Normal working hours are 0845 to 1700 Monday to Friday, however on occasions to meet business need you will be required to work revised hours, typically between 0800 and 1800.
An enhanced DBS Check will be carried out.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).