Finance & Systems Accountant
This job is now closed
NHS Resolution is a not-for-profit part of the NHS working for health care providers to resolve claims fairly and to share learning across the NHS and beyond. We provide a supportive environment for our staff with specialist training and the opportunity for personal development.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can really make an impact in a varied and busy role? You will be contributing to a key element of our core systems programme work, as well as assisting with developing/updating BAU finance processes and procedures.
NHS Resolution is in the process of implementing a new Claims Management System called CaseHub, as part of the Core Systems Programme (CSP) to replace our operational IT systems. In the initial period of this role, you will be heavily involved in work relating to CSP including carrying out testing of user interfaces and ensuring that CaseHub is efficiently and effectively integrated with our accounting system, Business Central (Dynamics 365).
This is a significant programme of work that will be continuing for some time as the first go live is anticipated in April 2024.
In parallel to CSP there's also BAU work where you will be working closely with the Finance & Systems Controller to update and document all finance processes and training staff on key processes within these. As well as reviewing functionality within Business Central to reduce reliance on Tisski.
Ideally you'll be immediately available or on a short notice period.
Main duties of the job
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the Finance team and working with the Financial & Systems Controller to ensure efficient use of our finance system, maximising the capabilities of the system, and ensuring effective controls are in place and monitored.
- Secondary contact between finance team, IT team and system supplier
- Develop and maintain the finance system Business Central (BC) and the development of reporting using Power BI to integrate with BC.
- Liaising with all finance members to ensure efficient use of system.
- Developing and delivering on finance processes (e.g., purchase order) across the organisation as required.
What were looking for:
- Qualified accountant i.e., ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS and Chartered Accountants Ireland or equivalent relevant experience in a financial accountancy environment
- Relevant project management qualification e.g., Prince2 practitioner, or equivalent project management experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office packages including excel, outlook, word and various financial software packages. High degree of speed and accuracy required.
- Good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction, and interfaces with other systems such as Power BI and or SQL functionality
- Qualification or equivalent experience in business improvement methodology e.g., Lean Six Sigma
Please see the attached Job description and Person specification for more information
NHS Resolution is an Arms Length Body of the Department of Health & Social Care. As a not for profit part of the NHS, our purpose is to provide expertise to the NHS to resolve concerns fairly, share learning for improvement and preserve resources for patients. We have four key service areas:
- Claims Management: delivering expertise in handling clinical and non-clinical claims to members of our Indemnity Schemes.
- Practitioner Performance Advice: providing advice, support and interventions in relation to concerns about the individual performance of Doctors, Dentists and Pharmacists.
- Primary Care Appeals: offering an impartial tribunal service for the fair handling of Primary Care contracting services.
- Safety and Learning: supporting the NHS to better understand and learn from claims, concerns and disputes; to target safety activity while sharing learning across the NHS.
What do we have to offer?
At NHS Resolution, we strive to be an employer of choice. We offer access to the NHS Pension Scheme and a minimum of 27 days Annual Leave. We are also committed to support individuals in having a work and life balance, offering flexible working arrangements and a chance to gain extra skills through training with regular reviews and a clear plan.
For those that wish to work from home, please check you are able to access an average internet speed (per person working from that location) of 10 Mbps download speed and at least 2 Mbps upload speed so that you can access and use our systems
Please ensure that you read the job description carefully and that you address each of the requirements of the post in the person specification in your supporting statement sections as your application will be assessed against these criteria. Your online application should relate to the specific position you are applying for and you are expected to highlight examples and achievements that demonstrate the competencies outlined in the job description and from the vacancy notice in your application form. Try to keep it structured and to the point.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, therefore your application must be via the NHS Jobs online application form.
We have been granted permission to use the Employment Service's "Positive about Disabled People" symbol. Any applicant with a disability who meets the minimum specification for the post as set out in the person specification is guaranteed an interview.
Please note: If you require a Visa to work in the UK, NHS Resolution is currently unable to support any sponsorship requests.