Team Leader Renal Technicians
York Teaching Hospital Facilities Management (LLP)
This job is now closed
The Team Leader for the renal section of the Medical Engineering department plans and delivers technical support to Renal Services throughout the Trust.
Plan, organise, manage and carry out, the repair, calibration, planned maintenance and commissioning of specialist dialysis equipment, water treatment plants, and associated medical equipment.
- Lead role in advising the Renal Directorate and users of medical equipment on technical matters relating to the selection, management, application and safe operation of devices.
- Lead role in advising on technical issues surrounding an individual patients dialysis therapy.
- Act on behalf of the Head of Medical Engineering in his absence.
Main duties of the job
Technical & Clinical
- Plan and manage the work of the Renal Team to carry out repair, calibration, maintenance, commissioning and safety testing of medical, scientific and other electronic equipment as required ensuring operational safety of all items.
- Take the lead role in advising and delivering training to clinical, nursing staff and patients in the use and operation of dialysis and associated equipment.
- Manage the sections spares, materials and services required for the delivery of the service. Engage with the services Directorate Manager to ensure procurement meets their needs and is in accordance with in accordance with Medical Engineering requirements and Trust policy.
- Follow up reports of faulty equipment which may have arisen from user error and advise on the correct use. Make recommendations for additional user training and deliver or arrange this where appropriate.
- Act as Quality Manager (as defined in ISO9001:2008) for the renal section.
- Manage the staff of the renal team
- Monitoring of performance and KPIs of the renal technicians and provide data for the LLP dashboards to be used as proof of compliance to the Trust.
York Teaching Hospital Facilities Management LLP (YTHFM LLP) provides a full range of estates and facilities services to York & Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, together with project management for capital investments. YTHFM LLP is a partnership between York & Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Northumbria Healthcare Facilities Management Limited.
New starters will be employed by YTHFM and not directly by the NHS but will enjoy the same terms and conditions as NHS staff covered by Agenda for Change. This includes 27 days annual leave (on top of Bank Holidays) rising to 33 days after 10 years service and an award-winning package of staff benefits.
For further information about York Teaching Hospital Facilities Management, type ythfm.co.uk in your internet search bar.
For more information please see the job description attached
Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that York Teaching Hospital has provided its statement of intent to support all Defence personnel and we welcome their application to work for us.
Disability Confident and Mindful Employer
The Trust is committed to meeting the needs of employees and applicants with a disability or mental health condition. Our support for these schemes includes encouraging applications from people who are disabled or have a mental health condition, offering adjustments to make our application process accessible.