Apprentice Customer Service Practitioner - level 2 Post Room
Gloucestershire Managed Services
This job is now closed
Job Title: Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
Responsible and accountable to: Post Room Supervisor
Terms of contract: GMS Apprenticeship Terms and Conditions, Fixed Term ( 15 months)
Salary: £5.18 per hour, £10,132 pa
Location: Post Room, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
This Customer Service Practitioner level 2 apprenticeship at Gloucestershire Managed Services is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and become part of the Postal Services. The Postal Service undertakes the delivery of all internal and external mail at Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals.
This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone with a desire to learn and develop their skills and knowledge within our Postal Services with a view to beginning a career in our Facilities Services and gain a Customer Service Practitioner (Level 2) apprenticeship
Main duties of the job
The Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship at Gloucestershire Managed Services is an excellent opportunity to complete a Level 2 (Intermediate) Apprenticeship whilst becoming an effective and efficient post room apprentice and be able to carry out core postal tasks:
Key competencies will include
- To provide reliable, responsive and high quality postal service to all wards and departments capable of meeting the requirements of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and other NHS bodies.
- To effectively communicate with hospital staff, colleagues and members of the general public.
- To ensure that a high quality and efficient postal service is delivered to all wards and departments within Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- The sending of external mail using the Royal Mail Clean Mailing system, which uses pre-paid envelopes as ordered by wards/departments
Gloucestershire Managed Services provides the estates, facilities, sterile services and materials management services for the Trust. We provide services such as clinical equipment management, provision of facilities services such as catering, domestics, portering and linen, manage the construction and development of new and existing healthcare buildings and manage the building, engineering and grounds services.
Gloucestershire Managed Services aims to provide a best value customer service which ensures a safe, compliant and sustainable environment, and that supports our customers to be efficient and effective in patient care.
Key Result Areas
During the apprenticeship the apprentice will gain and apply the following skills/knowledge
- To ensure all incoming external and internal mail is promptly sorted ready for delivery
- To ensure all outgoing external mail is correctly packaged and entered on to the relevant documents ready for collection from the postal service provider, ensuring relevant receipting for special or recorded deliverys
- To undertake deliver and collection rounds for mail from the post room to departments and offices around the sites accurately and in a timely manner
- To maintain the day to day security of post and the post room, ensuring standards of confidentiality are adhered to at all times
- To transport mail between various sites in a safe, efficient manner and be responsible for the security of such goods therefore you would be required to have a clean drivers licence or evidence that you are working towards gaining your licence
- To maintain good customer relations with wards, departments and colleagues, as well as ensuring that a responsive and efficient service is provided to these areas and to other healthcare units around the County
- All employees must maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness. Personal appearance must be neat tidy and clean whilst on duty. Where uniforms are provided they should be worn at all times in accordance with the uniform policy
- To co-operate with other members of staff to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the service
- To report to a supervisor any accident//incident immediately it occurs
- To attend any training courses identified as relevant to the post or in an effort to assist personal development
- To comply with all Trust Policies, Procedures and initiatives
- May be required to perform additional duties on an ad-hoc basis, and to travel to alternative sites where workload changes require temporary cover in other locations
Please see the full job description and person specification by accessing the documents under the Supporting Documents heading.
Qualifications / Experience
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Gloucestershire Managed Services
For questions about the job, contact:
25 August 2021
£10,132 a year