Women's Specific Mental Health Nurse
The closing date is 23 March 2023
At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- "In our Gift" providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Main duties of the job
To deliver trauma based interventions
Delivering evidenced based intervention in line with NICE guidelines and best practise
Assessing risk of harm in terms of harm to self and others, and completing risk management plans in collaboration with patients and multi-agency partners
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
09 March 2023
Agenda for change
£33,706 to £40,588 a year per annum
HMP Drake Hall
Are you passionate about supporting women in the Criminal Justice System to make positive change in their lives? Are you a compassionate and value based practitioner? Do you have the skills to deliver trauma interventions to vulnerable women? Then we are looking for you to join our multi-disciplinary, integrated Mental Health and Substance Misuse Team.
At Inclusion, we empower women to face challenges and to work with us to improve their mental health, in order for them to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a part time Senior Mental Health Nurse, who is committed to delivering high quality specialist trauma interventions to women who need our care and support. The roles offer applicants an opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of multiple disadvantaged women, in a dynamic and fulfilling role.
Part time position, 18.75 hours per week.
Please make contact with the Recruiting Manager, Katherine Hatton, if you would like to ask any questions or to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Register
- First Line management training or equivalent.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
HMP Drake Hall
For questions about the job, contact: