Group Facilitator Recovery Worker
This job is now closed
We are currently recruiting an experienced group work facilitator, working alongside a team of experienced recovery workers in our Basingstoke site. The role may also require occasional cover of other group facilitators across Hampshire - either for face to face or digital groups. We have a bespoke structured group work programme that requires delivery, and also additional groups based on the needs of the clients - this can include SMART groups, auricular acupuncture, mindfulness and meditation, substance -specific groups etc. The successful candidate will be able to access and attend relevant training to support the facilitation of groups, and also may be required to participate in auditing and co-facilitation of workshops.
Main duties of the job
Group work facilitation for BasingstokeReferral and implementation of groups (structured and unstructrued)Training up of volunteers and other staff in group facilitationCovering other sites for group facilitationWhere required, supporting the team with duty or caseload managementActive Risk assessing and risk managementWillingness to work towards professional qualification if not already in situ (NVQ etc)
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
13 March 2023
Agenda for change
Depending on experience Per annum
Full-time, Flexible working
Basingstoke - Jacob's House
- To delivery and implement groups in Basingstoke and Hampshire
- To participate in auditing and peer support for group facilitators
- To accept referrals, assess need and make appropriate recommendations as part as a robust duty system.
- Provide harm reduction advice, information and support with an emphasis on safer drug use, safer sex, HIV, Hepatitis A,B and C and other blood borne infections
- Be responsible for maintaining a full case load of complex clients as the key worker.
- To make home visits consistent with need.
- To carry out comprehensive assessments, construct care packages with multi disciplinary colleagues where required, review care plans in a structured format and manage onward referral.
- To assist and support medical and nurse prescribers during harm reduction and prescribing clinics.
- To provide a range of structured psycho-social interventions including CBT based brief solution focused therapy and motivational enhancement techniques.
- Make domiciliary visits to service users particularly for those with disabilities and to those with family responsibilities.
- Retain contact with service users whilst they are accommodated in residential rehabilitation units including visits when required.
- To create and facilitate group work interventions.
- To provide a needle exchange service.
- Demonstrable commitment to service user involvement.
- To work with a range of professional in ensuring service users needs in terms of safeguarding and mental health are met.
- Carryout needle exchanges, home visits and the running of clinics.
- Encourage and work with service users to move forward in their recovery
- Encourage and work intensively with service users to support them move away from maintenance treatment where appropriate
- Foundation Degree / HNC in related field which may include counselling, social work, nursing, psychology, human resources, social studies Or Equivalent experience
- Relevant training / Qualification in associated field ? CBT ? Motivational Interviewing ? Brief solution focussed therapy ? Mapping techniques (ITEP/BTEI) Auricular acupuncture trained A professional qualification in Social Work, Probation, Nursing, Psychology, Youth and Community etc.
- Considerable experience of working with drug users.
- A commitment to and understanding of harm reduction & recovery approaches to working with drug users
- A sound knowledge of drugs and their effects: Knowledge of blood borne viruses and sexual health
- Good presentation skills both written and oral including the ability to produce & present reports
- Experience of developing and Delivering group work. Willingness to contribute toward Training & mentoring
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Basingstoke - Jacob's House
For questions about the job, contact: