Homelessness Navigator Recovery Worker
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Homelessness Navigator team on the Isle Of Wight for a 12 month Fixed term contract .The role offers intensive outreach support to people who are street homeless on the Island and providing homelessness prevention working specifically with key agencies to identify and assist people at high risk of homelessness.
if you are client focused and resilient and aware of the issues impacting society and want to make a difference this post is for you.
Main duties of the job
- To accept referrals, assess need and make appropriate referrals
- To deliver homelessness interventions and work within multi disciplinary teams
- Provide harm reduction advice, information and support with an emphasis on safer drug use, safer sex, HIV, Hepatitis A,B and C and other blood borne infections
- Provide out of hours outreach sessions with partner agencies if there is a need
- Be responsible for maintaining case load of complex clients as the key worker.
- To provide high intensity interventions with the priority group within the homelessness cohort
- Community outreach visits consistent with need.to sleep sites across the Island
- To carry out comprehensive assessments, construct care packages with multi disciplinary colleagues where required, review care plans in a structured format and manage onward referral.
- To assist and support medical and nurse prescribers during harm reduction and prescribing clinics.
- To provide a range of structured psycho-social interventions including CBT based brief solution focused therapy and motivational enhancement techniques.
- To provide a needle exchange service.
- Demonstrable commitment to service user involvement.
Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust Inclusion service offers psychological and drug & alcohol services, in the community, and in prisons, and has contracts across the country.
As an organisation we serve a population of 1.5 million and currently employ around 9000 members of staff.
We have a wide range of exciting opportunities for people looking to work in a truly integrated NHS organisation. By joining MPFT you will become part of a team who are empowered and supported to deliver care in a way which is consistent with our values:
- Putting people at the heart of what we do
- Empowering people to improve care and wellbeing
- Delivering better health, better care in partnership
15 May 2023
Agenda for change
£28,407 to £34,581 a year per annum
Isle of wight
For full details of this role, please review the attached job description and person specification for more information
- Full driving License
- Experience of outreach work
- Knowledge of Substance Misuse
- Knowledge of tenancies
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Isle of wight
For questions about the job, contact: