Marketing and Communications Officer
This job is now closed
Full-time (37.5 hours per week) Marketing and Communications Officer based from home, but with frequent travel across Thurrock, Essex required.
We are looking for a talented marketing professional to join Inclusion in this new and exciting role as a Marketing and Communications Officer.
Led by the Marketing and Communications Team Manager, you will be responsible for the creation, development and implementation of Inclusion's strategic and operational marketing plan, for all of our services within Thurrock. This includes, Inclusion Thurrock Talking Therapies (previously known as Inclusion Thurrock IAPT), Inclusion Visions Thurrock and Inclusion Thurrock Recovery College.
This is a brand-new post to Inclusion's Marketing and Communications Team, which means the post-holder will need to use their initiative and existing marketing skills to help raise the profile of our Thurrock services, and truly make the role their own.
Main duties of the job
The role requires delivering a range of comprehensive marketing projects and campaigns to a variety of audiences, both internally and externally, all whilst educating and communicating brand principles and key messages effectively, keep them at the heart of all marketing activities.
Contributing to the overall marketing and communications plan of Inclusion's Thurrock services, the post-holder will develop and deliver design and content management of existing platforms, as well as local marketing activity to support in educating key audiences and increasing service access. This involves working with the wider Thurrock teams to establish clear objectives/KPIs and ensure these are measured and delivered effectively.
With full support and oversight from the Marketing and Communications Team Manager, you will develop marketing campaigns from start to finish, including the creation of in-house resources via graphic design software (content will be written in conjunction with the wider Thurrock teams with specialist knowledge in the subject area). You will also manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters and online materials, ensuring that all marketing activity is planned in line with the annual budgets and links in with project plans across the teams.
For a detailed summary of the role duties, please view the Job Description and Person Specification document.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex.
We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.
We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support.
Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
15 May 2023
Agenda for change
£28,407 to £34,581 a year per annum
St George's Hospital
For a detailed summary of the role responsibilities, please view the Job Description and Person Specification document.
A summary is outlined below:
- Support the implementation of Inclusions strategic and operational marketing plan for Thurrock services.
- To maintain working relationships with the Thurrock teams, visiting the various services as and when needed for content gathering, face-to-face meetings and offering support at local events.
- Communicating brand principles and key messages effectively.
- Develop and deliver design and content management of existing platforms.
- Develop and deliver local marketing campaigns to support in educating key audiences and increasing service access.
- To act as brand champion ensuring the brand is used in the correct way, providing updates when appropriate and policing the use of the brand internally and externally.
- Identify and produce positive news about the services for local, regional and national media and other key stakeholders.
- Collate stories for internal publications such as blogs, newsletters and reports.
- Maintain the various Thurrock websites via CMS and liaising with the wider teams to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Gather case studies through close working with the clinical leads, to demonstrate the impact of the care we give, cataloguing the stories with the related consent documentation.
- To work with external agencies to plan mixed media campaigns to meet key performance indicators (KPIs).
- To take responsibility for the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters and e-newsletters and online materials including writing and proofreading copy, liaising with suppliers and overseeing advertising and public relations.
- Develop and implement a wide range of consultations encompassing numerous services and analysis of a range of personal behaviours, trends and attitudes.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current marketing, communication and engagement methods and implement this at local level.
- Work with a range of external stakeholders to help maintain positive working relationships and implement joint working on communications where appropriate.
- To undertake a marketing audit of all resources and advertising outlets available, and to develop and maintain an electronic database derived from this audit.
- Build a database of photos and videos for promotional use, regularly updating these, ensuring they are catalogued effectively and all have the adequate consent for future use.
- Monitor external activity and develop ways of engaging with local and national events or promotions which will complement our cause i.e. International Overdose Awareness Day, World Hepatitis Day, Alcohol Awareness Week; taking all opportunities to increase awareness or dispel myths surrounding substance misuse and mental health.
- Manage and analyse allocated projects, ensuring marketing deliverables and milestones are met. This includes defining the brief, timings, budgets and gathering quotes.
- Keeping up to date with all new Inclusion developments and have an in-depth understanding of the work we do in order to produce accurate and compelling marketing and promotional materials.
- Measure and analyse website and social media channels and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports on activity to the Marketing and Communications Team Manager and wider Thurrock teams.
Degree or appropriate qualification in relevant field
- Degree or appropriate qualification in relevant field
- Healthcare marketing experience
- Social media marketing
- Design experience
- Copywriting (i.e. content writing, blogs and PR)
- Able to travel to our services within Thurrock, as and when required
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
St George's Hospital
For questions about the job, contact:
Programmes and Communications Lead