Criminal Justice Engagement Worker
This job is now closed
We are currently recruiting for a permanent Band 4 Criminal Justice Engagement Worker, working 37.5 hours in Hampshire. The successful person will ideally have lived experience of being part of a criminal justice setting. Excellent engagement and communication skills are essential for building therapeutic relationships with the clients we will work with. The job also requires regular communication with other professional agencies, so a professional attitude is required. As the job may cover various sites in Hampshire, a willingness to travel regularly, or to have access to a vehicle that can be used for work is required.The post also requires a solid understanding of drugs, harm minimisation and overdose awareness, as well as interventions that can aide the reduction in offending.
Main duties of the job
Engagement of clients in criminal justice systemsCompleting initial needs assessments on clientsCare planningGroup facilitation if requiredTraining of clients, families, and partnership agencies on basic substance misuse and overdose awarenessWorking as part of a multi disciplinary teamTravelling to various sites - Inclusion, Custody Suites or PrisonsSafeguarding and Risk Management of client groupOnward referral
Regular SupervisionAccess to excellent Training internally and externallyAccess to occupational health and counselling supportGreat annual leave entitlements - starting at 25 days per annumPay reviews and appraisalsWorking in a supportive team of skilled staff
Inclusion aims to combine public service values, which drive the most progressive elements within the NHS, with the commitment to tackling social exclusion shown by the best of the voluntary sector. We deliver a range of both criminal justice and community based drug and alcohol services across the country and IAPT services in the Wirral
Inclusion, as part of the NHS offers staff first rate supervision, training and personal development programmes and an excellent pension scheme and occupational health services.
If you are energised by our vision of an innovative NHS focused on tackling social exclusion and feel that you have the qualities to join our community based teams then come and discuss with us how our needs might match your aspirations.
- Work as an integral part of the service in delivering high quality brief interventions to Service Users within the criminal justice system
- Work with and support the Inclusion multi-disciplinary team
- Facilitate harm reduction interventions including the delivery of Naloxone training to clients, families and partnerships
- Supporting service users who are released from custody and HMP Winchester as well as supporting service users digitally who are released from other prisons
- Contributing to service users working collaboratively to build their recovery capital and ensuring positive recovery outcomes.
- Ensuring service users have scheduled appointments and remove barriers to attendance.
- Promoting visible recovery to clients within the criminal justice system
- Reducing drug and alcohol related harm to service users and the wider community
- Ensuring that your work is evidence based, up to date and in accordance with current policy and legislation.
- Facilitate and oversee initial brief intervention (IBIs) assessments.
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and documentation.
- Deliver training to partnership agencies
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).