This job is now closed
Please note this role is contracted at 36 hours per week (4 days) and £38,705 per annum.
This unique role offers the chance to be part of a growing team within the QE Facilities Out-Patient Pharmacy based in the Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust, enabling you to develop your clinical knowledge in an acute clinical setting, whilst providing a positive customer focused service to our patients. This role is perfect for an ambitious Pharmacist who has the ability to build strong relationships with the Trust and our external key stakeholders. It is ideal for a pharmacist looking to practice and develop their clinical knowledge in the innovative environment of an Out Patient Dispensary (OPD) Pharmacy service.
This role will support the ongoing business development of our Pharmacy to Home (Homecare) service and Wholesale Distribution Authorisation (WDA) operation.
Main duties of the job
- To undertake the role of Responsible Pharmacist (RP), ensuring full compliance with the responsibilities of the RP role.
- Promote the appropriate access and safe storage of all medicines in the Pharmacy.
- Support the Superintendent Pharmacist to maintain the legal and regulatory standards of a GPhC registered Pharmacy and a Wholesale Distribution Authority (WDA) registered site.
- Support the Superintendent Pharmacist to promote a strong relationship with the Trust and other key stakeholders e.g. CCG and local Trusts.
- Support essential business development for additional Pharmacy Services and contracts e.g. expansion of the Pharmacy to Home (Homecare) delivery of medicines.
- To support the Pharmacy Manager and Dispensary team to deliver a high quality, patient focused service.
- To work towards the delivery of the QEF Pharmacy Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets and develop and promote stretch targets.
- Promote the clinical screening of all prescriptions to ensure appropriateness of therapeutic indication, dose, frequency, form and route of administration.
- Supervise and facilitate the dispensing of Out-Patient prescriptions including speciality medicines such as Oral Chemotherapy, IVF and Hepatitis C.
Work with your line manager to identify individual training needs and establish a Personal Development Plan.
QE Facilities (QEF) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust (GHNT), based in the North East of England.
We provide a range of non- clinical services to GHNT and other NHS organisations. Our services include: estates, facilities services, procurement, medical engineering and devices, endoscopy decontamination and sterile services, transport, out-patient pharmacy, and prevention & management of violence & aggression training (PMVA).
In addition we provide consultancy services, advising clients on all aspects of establishing a subsidiary company within an NHS body to the provision of VAT compliance advice.
QE Facilities work to their own Terms and Conditions and these are not the same as Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust Terms and Conditions. This is not an Agenda for Change Pay Rate
06 May 2022
£38,704 a year 36 hours per week
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Ability to work as a Responsible Pharmacist and promote the legal and regulatory standards of a GPhC registered Pharmacy.
- Understand the individual role and responsibilities of all staff engaged in the registered Pharmacy and understand when to report issues to the Superintendent Pharmacist.
- Understand the principle of safer care and promote a just culture environment for error reporting and learning from previous dispensing errors.
Supervise the Dispensing Pharmacy / Assistant and Pharmacy Counter Assistant and support individual Personal Development Plans.
- GPhC registered Pharmacist
- MPharm(Hons) or equivalent
- Responsible Pharmacist experience in Hospital Pharmacy or Community Pharmacy
Knowledge and Skills
- 1.Knowledge of the Laws, Guidelines and Standards relating to the supply of medicines from a GPhC registered Pharmacy
- 2.Excellent communication skills. Ability to explain clearly and listen to members of the public and other healthcare professionals
- 3.Demonstrate excellent Customer skills
- 4.Demonstrate excellent IT skills
- 5.Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
For questions about the job, contact:
Head of Pharmacy Services