Domestic Monitoring Officer
This job is now closed
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to work alongside the clinical cleaning team to support the team with the newly implemented monitoring officer role.
The advertised role is to carry out audits to support the team in maintaining the high standards of cleanliness across the Trust and external sites. The post holder will use the audit findings to support the team with delivering service improvements.
All candidates must have a minimum of 1 years' experience of working within the clinical cleaning environment. The post holder will be required to attend internal and external training courses for personal and professional development.
Some off site working will be required.
Main duties of the job
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to carrying out multiple types of audits, collating audit findings, using audit findings to suggest service improvements, producing reports of audit findings, supporting with the data gathering to support with PLACE. Working alongside supervisors to ensure national cleaning standards are being met.
QE Facilities is a wholly owned subsidiary of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust and offers its own Terms and Conditions. The post holder will need to be able to work flexibly and at short notice and be prepared to carry out other reasonable duties in line with their skills, knowledge and experience to support the operational activities of the company.
QE Facilities (QEF) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust (GHNT), based in the North East of England.
We provide a range of non- clinical services to GHNT and other NHS organisations. Our services include: estates, facilities services, procurement, medical engineering and devices, endoscopy decontamination and sterile services, transport, out-patient pharmacy, and prevention & management of violence & aggression training (PMVA).
In addition we provide consultancy services, advising clients on all aspects of establishing a subsidiary company within an NHS body to the provision of VAT compliance advice.
QE Facilities work to their own Terms and Conditions and these are not the same as Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust Terms and Conditions. This is not an Agenda for Change Pay Rate
- Completion of quality audits and preparation of audit reports using a Computerised Quality Management Tool
- Summarisation of audit results and provision of feedback to customers/managers in both numerical and written formats (statistics, graphs and written reports)
- Investigation of any areas of concern/discrepancies highlighted during monitoring and providing feedback to the appropriate staff/managers
- Identification and promotion of good practice, particularly in relation to cleaning, providing recommendations for action following poor audit results (where appropriate)
- Liaison with Modern Matrons, Ward & Department Managers on any issues identified within their areas, again including recommendations for action where appropriate
- Presentation of audit results and feedback on inspections at the fortnightly Operational environmental meetings and again at the quarterly Cleaning services group
- Participation in PLACE (Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment) audits when requested on both sites with a specific responsibility for cleaning/other quality issues
- Preparation of PLACE reports and issue of audit scores/findings to wards & departments throughout the Trust
- Provision of advice on levels of cleaning required for any areas which change their use/size, also for new builds or one off projects which require a cleaning input outside of that which is covered by the Domestic Services Contract
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
For questions about the job, contact:
28 April 2022