The closing date is 31 March 2024
This is an Expression of Interest advert for Pharmacy Technician roles within Primary Care within the Cheshire & Merseyside region. This advert is presented by MIAA Solutions, who recruit to a range of roles within this area.
Please register your interest by clicking 'Apply' and submitting a copy of your CV. Your details will be saved in our candidate pool and you will be notified once suitable vacancies become available.
If you would like a conversation regarding roles in Cheshire and Merseyside please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Further information can be found at https://cmgeneralpracticejobs.nhs.uk/
Main duties of the job
Pharmacy technicians play an important role within general practice and complement the more clinical work of clinical pharmacist, through utilisation of their technical skillset. Their deployment within primary care settings allows the application of their acquired pharmaceutical knowledge in tasks such as audits, discharge management, prescription issuing, and where appropriate, informing patients and other members of Primary Care Network (PCN) workforce. Work is often under the direction of clinical pharmacists, and this benefit is realised through the creation of a PCN pharmacy team.
Introduced on 1st July 2019, The Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service (DES) includes funding to PCNs through the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS). This scheme is designed to recruit up to 26,000 full time equivalent staff into Primary Care, and enables PCNs to recruit across specific roles until the end of 2023/2024.
The Cheshire & Merseyside ARRS recruitment support offer is designed to support local PCNs to grow capacity through these specified roles in General Practice, and to help resolve the workforce shortage.
The C&M General Practice Jobs platform has been developed by NHS England and Improvement North West, in partnership with MIAA Solutions, to support PCNs to recruit to ARRS roles and promote a sustainable and thriving general practice workforce across Cheshire and Merseyside. For further information please see the link to the platform included in this advert
The responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician include:
- Undertaking patient facing and patient supporting roles to ensure effective medicines use, through shared decision-making conversations with patients.
- The carrying out of medicines optimisation tasks including effective medicine administration, supporting medication reviews and medicines reconciliation.
- Where required, utilisation of consultation skills to work in partnership with patients to ensure they use their medicines effectively.
- Providing of specialist expertise, where competent, to address both the public health and social care needs of patients including lifestyle advice, service information, and help in tackling local health inequalities.
- Taking a central role in the clinical aspects of shared care protocols and liaising with specialist pharmacists for more complex patients.
- Supporting initiatives for antimicrobial stewardship to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing.
- Working with the PCN multi-disciplinary team to ensure efficient medicines optimisation, including implementing efficient ordering and return processes and reducing wastage.
For full Job Description see attached
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).