Senior Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse
This job is now closed
One Hatfield Hospital has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse to join our friendly and dynamic team, where your contribution is valued and you can help us provide the best personalised healthcare to our patients.
Hours:37.5 per week, Monday to Friday with some Saturday shifts as required.Shifts included early mornings, evenings and weekends
Salary: Equivalent to NHS AfC Band 6/7 dependent on skillset and experience
Main duties of the job
As a senior Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse you will support in the management and organisation of care provision within the operating department, responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and services.
Are you an experienced Scrub Nurse/Practitioner wanting to take the next step in your career with a progressive, busy and friendly team?
We are looking for a professional and motivated person to support the smooth running of the Theatre Department.
Our Theatre Department is extremely busy, working with Consultants from a wide range of clinical disciplines, including orthopaedics and cosmetics.
You must be registered in the UK with your professional body and able to demonstrate current Theatre experience with the ability to work under pressure.
Shifts included early mornings, evenings and weekends
One Hatfield Hospital is Hertfordshire's newest private hospital and has the very latest technology ensuring that our operating theatres provide patients and employees with the very best environment to keep them safe and free from infection.
Our private hospital is home to the latest theatres, luxury en-suite bedrooms, specialist rehabilitation Physiotherapy and outpatient diagnostic facilities including fast-track access to X-ray, CT, MRI and ultrasound.
One Hatfield is ideally located for candidates around the Hatfield, St Albans, Stevenage, Watford, North London, Essex and throughout Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the Theatre Team to provide a high standard of efficient, individualised patient care.
- A strong communicator with exceptional standards for customer service standards.
- Adhering to all of One Healthcare policies and procedures to ensure the best possible clinical outcomes for patients.
Thesenior Orthopaedic Scrub Nurseshould meet the following criteria:
- Registered with the NMC/HCPC
- High standards of clinical competence
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to plan equipment and consumable requirements
- Experience in orthopaedics, hip arthroplasty, knee arthroplasty and anterior cruciate ligaments reconstruction would be an advantage but not essential
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).