Active Care Group
This job is now closed
Come and join the UK's largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people -no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
Main duties of the job
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Neuropsychologist to join our team at the Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre in York.
Active Care Group are a pioneering national provider of complex care services, delivering pathways and better outcomes for people. We have a collaborative and holistic approach to care underpinned by proven clinical and therapeutic expertise. We specialise in supporting young people and adults with complex needs to make positive progress and lead happier, more independent lives.
Woodlands Neurological Rehabilitation Centre is a specialist Level 2 purpose-built neurorehabilitation facility set on a 3.5 acre plot surrounded by mature woodlands and well maintained grounds and provides care for up to 26 patients. . The site is part of the wider Active Care Group Neuro Network (consisting of 25+ sites) nationally and we focus on the use of clinical expertise, innovation and technology to meet patients expectations of rehabilitation goals and we were most recently rated as GOOD by the Care Quality Commission.
The team delivers high-quality and intensive neurological rehabilitation; physical, cognitive, functional and vocational assessments; behavioural management and complex disability assessments for adults.
We support patients with acquired brain injury, traumatic brain injury, severe neurological conditions, complex stroke and spinal cord injury.
The interdisciplinary team is led by a Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine. Patients benefit from access to our neuro-specialist team consisting of a Junior Doctor, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Neuropsychologists, Physiotherapists, Therapy Technicians, specialist Nurses and Rehabilitation Assistants.
What you'll be working:
We can be flexible butyou willwork a total of 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What you'll be doing:
- Keeping people safe from any harm and protecting their human rights
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing clinical psychology input within the Active Care Group
- Engage in relevant research and advise other professionals as appropriate
- Complete assessment and clinical formulation of patients problem behaviours and treatment needs
- Provide evidence based individual and group treatment programmes to address or reduce the negative impact of difficulties
- Evaluate the effectiveness of individual and group treatment programmes
- Direct and support others to carryout evidence-based clinical psychology interventions
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring that appropriate security procedures are adhered to at all times and that risks are continuously assessed and managed
- Maintain CPD of an HCPC Registered Practitioner Clinical Psychologist and to ensure competence in relation to the administration and scoring to psychological assessments and risk assessments
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors and carers
What to look forward to:
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
- Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
- Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
- A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
- Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials like going to the dentist or opticians
- We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
- Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
- Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
- and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group