Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
This job is now closed
We are looking for a translator to provide a translation and interpreting service between English and Welsh to staff and the various departments in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
This includes the translation of documents from English to Welsh and occasionally from Welsh to English, as well as assisting the Communications and Engagement team to provide Welsh language content via social media.
This role will contribute to ensuring that the Health Board complies with the Welsh Language Standards Regulations (2011), thereby helping to ensure that bilingual services are offered to patients in the Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr and Bridgend areas.
The post holder will help to deliver a comprehensive Welsh language service in line with Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board's Welsh language policies and procedures and the Welsh Language Standards.
The post holder will work closely with service managers to support service improvement and ensure that the Welsh language is a key consideration in all University Health Board business
Main duties of the job
- Provide a written translation service from English to Welsh and from Welsh to English. This will include the translation of:
- Healthcare material such as patient information leaflets, patient letters and medical instructions from fields as diverse as Physiotherapy to Nutrition.
- Website material for the Health Board's website.
- Letters to and from the public and any other correspondence received.
- Social media content such as Facebook posts and Tweets.
- Posters and signage.
- Reports such as the Health Board's Annual Report.
- And any other texts as deemed appropriate by the Welsh Language Officer or Welsh Language Services Manager.
- To translate documents/letters of correspondence (e.g. complaint letters, Assembly Member letters, press releases etc.) on behalf of the Chief Executive's Office involving tight deadlines and often complex/sensitive information such as the care and treatment given to a patient(s), complex assessments, medical records etc.
- To work closely and alongside the Communication Team in providing bilingual information for publication via the organisation's internet/intranet and social media pages.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).