Register Information Manager
Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Register Information Manager to have lead operational responsibility for the HFEA Register of treatments. You'll have experience of managing large and complex datasets and have the ability to drive forward a programme of continual data quality improvements
The HFEA are currently operating hybrid working. Staff are able to work the majority of their time from home.
Main duties of the job
We have just launched our new data submission system, PRISM, and it has never been a more exciting time to join the HFEA. This is an unique opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated information professional to join our team and shape the future use of our new register and submission system.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the Information management team to help support our wider organisational goals of ensuring that everyone in the UK affected by assisted reproduction receives high quality care. You will have the chance to make a real and tangible difference to our work and the lives of patients.
The HFEA strives to:
be an effective regulator commanding stakeholder confidence by ensuring compliance with the law
inform patient choice, securely hold personal data, and maximise public understanding (of available and developing treatments, embryology research, and the HFEA and its role)
encourage consistently high-quality standards of treatment and research in the sector by putting the patient experience first
be an effective organisation with strong governance that adds value and reduces bureaucracy
ensure the HFEA and the sector keep abreast of new scientific and research developments through continued collaborative working with scientific and professional bodies
The Register Information Manager has lead operational responsibility for the HFEA Register of treatments and is the business owner of the software (RITA) used by HFEA staff to maintain it. The postholder will lead a small team with responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Register is maintained so that the quality of data meets agreed benchmarks; and that licensed clinics are held to account as regards their obligations in submitting and validating information held by the HFEA. This includes ongoing and cyclical engagement with licensed clinics, and escalating concerns such that regulatory action be considered.
1. Lead operational responsibility for the Register of treatments ensuring that licensed clinics submit accurate and timely information in line with the HFEA policy on information submission and validation and that support is provided to licensed clinics where there are barriers to effective performance.
2. To develop and implement a performance scorecard to objectively measure the relative performance of clinics and escalate concerns accordingly to licensed clinics in the first instance and compliance teams where necessary. Prepare schedules of activity to be undertaken by clinics on a routine and regular basis; and during inspections where on site scrutiny of records by HFEA teams is necessary.
3. To maintain the HFEA data dictionary the items of data held by the HFEA in its Register ensuring it meets best practice requirements established by the Standardisation Committee for Care Information, and that a system is established with key stakeholders such that requests for amendments are received, managed and changes implemented within a framework of good governance.
4. Business owner for the recently implemented data submission system (RITA) the basis for transactions with licensed clinics. Monitor its effectiveness in meeting business requirements; prioritise areas for change and improvement; liaise with users to ascertain requirements; and work with system developers to implement improvements using an agile approach.
5. Business owner of the Choose A Fertility Clinic website including the performance of regular data validation exercises to ensure that quality, up-to-date data is made available to the public.
6. Lead the Register Audit function of the HFEA (requiring regular travel to fertility clinics) to ensure the sector submits all necessary information to the HFEA in line with their statutory commitments and communicating findings both internally and externally.
7. Ensure that the database holding the Register of Treatments is managed and maintained to ensure its integrity and security. Working with colleagues to ensure that requirements relating to secondary use of the data - by HFEA intelligence team, and external users such that format and security considerations are taken into account.
8. To lead and manage a team through objective setting, appraisal and support.
9. Work as part of the Information management team in formulating and being accountable for the achievement of team objectives. Prepare a range of performance information for use internally and externally.
Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority
For help with your application, contact:
07 September 2021
£40,738 a year