Social Worker - Learning Disability Partnership
Cambridgeshire County Council
This job is now closed
We have an exciting vacancy in the Huntingdonshire Learning Disability Partnership Team for a Social Worker. For more information please see the below.
Main duties of the job
We have an exciting vacancy in the Huntingdonshire Learning Disability Partnership Team for a Social Worker. For more details about the role please see the below.
We have a wide range of great benefits if you join us as a colleague at Cambridgeshire County Council. To find out more please see below.
We have an exciting full time, permanent opportunity available within the Huntingdonshire Learning Disability Partnership Team.The successful candidate will contribute to a unique model of practice as part of an Integrated Team alongside Health and Social Care Practitioners such as Adult Support Co-ordinators, Social Workers, Community Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Speech and Language Therapists and Art / Music Therapists.
The role is hybrid with 2-3 days in the office a week and the rest working from home or on visits in the community. The office base is in Huntingdon.
Cambridgeshire County Council has adopted a new approach to social work and social care to make it increasingly proactive, preventative, and personalised. Transforming Lives is a three-tier approach to working with individuals, carers, and families that consider holistic creative solutions to enable individuals meet their aspirations through the care and support planning process.
The role of the Social Worker is key to supporting the social care workforce achieve the aspirations of Cambridgeshire County Council. You will endorse and act in accordance with the principles of personalisation, ensuring that care and support are person-centred and as far as possible putting the people whom they work with, in control of their lives.
For more information about this role please contact Team Manager Kim.Woodhead@cambridgeshire.gov.uk /07770 281 236
Closing date 2nd October 2023. Interviews will be held on 12th October 2023.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Our benefits
We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creativeworking arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensivewellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewardsemployee discounts
- A comprehensivepension scheme
- IDEALstaff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camwebour staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employeerecognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generousannual leaveprovision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- Asupportive management teamthat will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment forbusiness mileage expenses(45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalableretention paymentsto loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900which increases during the first three years of service
- Arelocation packageof up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain theirContinuous Professional Development.
Please read ourbenefits brochureattached for more information.About you
We are looking for people who can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, have the ability to work both independently and as part of a Multi-disciplinary team, and are committed to making a positive difference for the people we support. The successful candidates will have excellent organisational skills, be willing to use their initiative to work in innovative ways.
- Be aqualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Havethe ability towork from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description andPerson Specification.About us
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
Our four values are central to our culture, driving everything we do.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.