Derbyshire Dales Primary Care Network
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Derbyshire Dales Primary Care Network (DDPCN) who work closely and in partnership with the 8 GP Practices that are situated in the north and central areas of the beautiful Derbyshire Dales.
DDPCN is looking to recruit at least 3 full time Pharmacy Technicians. (Job share can be considered for the successful applicants providing the overall working time hours are met.)
You will be working with and led by our Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Director and PCN Management Team.
Daily you will be engaged by Practice GPs and wider clinical teams within the DDPCN family.
Your goal will be to provide high-quality, integrated care for our patient community.
Main duties of the job
- Undertake patient supporting roles to ensure effective medicines use, through shared decision-making conversations with patients.
- Carry out medicines' optimisation tasks including effective medicine administration (e.g., checking inhaler technique), supporting medication reviews and medicines reconciliation. Where required, utilise consultation skills to work in partnership with patients to ensure they use their medicines effectively.
- As determined by the Practices and PCN , support medication reviews and medicines reconciliation for new care home patients and synchronising medicines for patient transfers between care settings, linking with local community pharmacies
- Support the clinical pharmacist to deliver structured medication reviews (SMRs) i.e., organise necessary monitoring tests prior to SMR
- Provide expertise to address both the public health and social care needs of patients, including lifestyle advice, service information, and help in tackling local health inequalities.
- Manage shared care protocols and liaise with clinical pharmacist for more complex patients.
- Support initiatives for antimicrobial stewardship to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing locally.
We are based in Tansley, Matlock and support the 8 GP Practices in Matlock , Darley Dale , Ashover , Bakewell , Tideswell , Baslow , Eyam and Hope plus the many picturesque villages served by the practices .
The office is in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales, but you will be working remotely most days within the practices.
There is an excellent road infrastructure with access to the M1 Motorway, Sheffield, Derby, towards Manchester and Staffordshire easily commutable.
You will be joining a friendly, forward thinking PCN who with the 8 practices support approximately 50,000 patients, delivering high quality patient focused care.
- All our Practices are rated as Good in our CQC inspections.
- All have high QOF achievement
- We have adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic and embraced new ways of working.
- Supportive nursing, administrative and ARRS team
- TPP SystmOne and EMIS clinical systems
Informal visits are welcomed and encouraged ahead of formal application
Support the Practice teams to ensure efficient medicines optimisation processes are being followed.
- Implement efficient ordering processes and reduce medication wastage.
- Provide training and support on the legal, safe, and secure handling of medicines, including the implementation of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS).
- Promotion of Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) and online ordering
- Develop relationships with other pharmacy professionals and members of the multidisciplinary team to support integration across health and social care including primary care, community pharmacy, secondary care, and mental health.
- Support practice reception teams in streaming general prescription requests, so as to allow GPs and clinical pharmacists to review the more clinically complex requests.
- Support the implementation of national prescribing policies and guidance within the practice, care homes and other primary care settings.
- Support the Practice to deliver on QIPP agenda, QOF and locally commissioned IIF enhanced services
- Support the Practice in reviewing and developing practice policies for CQC requirements
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).