New Medical Systems Ltd
This job is now closed
We are looking for a Service Manager to manage our service in Exeter. This will be 40 hours over 5 days per week.
Exeter is one of our three Managed Services, and we partner with The Medical Eye Clinic who deliver all clinical activity on the Exeter site.
The Service Manager is an essential role within the service leadership team, reporting to the Regional Manager for Managed Services. The role is responsible for the day-to-day management and operational delivery of high-quality ophthalmology services at the site.
Main duties of the job
It's a varied role you'll be supporting and managing the admin team, setting and monitoring utilisation and capacity targets, managing the patient feedback process, working towards KPIs, liaising with contacts across the Support Office teams and with external partners and suppliers , amongst a myriad of other tasks that make up a working day in a busy clinical service.
Newmedica are one of the leading providers of NHS ophthalmology services in England, providing outpatients appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery. We aim to change lives through better sight and eye health.We provide services for NHS Integrated Care Boards (ICBs)s, NHS and Foundation Trusts, and other providers of NHS funded services. We deliver over 225,000 patient interactions annually, including outpatient appointments, diagnostic testing and eye surgery. Our services are delivered through a variety of models including Managed Services and Ophthalmology Joint Venture (OJV) Partnerships.
We care for more than 225,000 NHS and private patients a year in over 26 locations and were growing.
The Service Manager is an essential role within the service leadership team, reporting to the Regional Manager for Managed Services. They are responsible for the day-to-day management and operational delivery of high quality ophthalmology services.
With core responsibility for delivering an excellent service, including the maintenance of high clinical and quality standards, setting and achieving utilisation and growth targets, the Service Manager will be expected to ensure continual improvement of performance. The Service Manager is expected to lead service improvement and development initiatives. This will include liaising with patients, relevant third parties and other stakeholders to raise the profile of Newmedica and to identify new service opportunities.
The Service Manager will promote a culture of trust, positive relationships, teamwork, open commuication, disseminate information to ensure partnership working and collaboration between the Newmedica clinical team, patients, clients and all stakeholders.
- Oversee the efficient operational and administration of the service, maintaining adherence to relevant legal frameworks and standards
- Proactively manage scheduling of staff ensuring that sufficient capacity is available to meet the current and future requirementsof the service
- Deliver the internal audit function and support external audit as required
- Drive outstanding clinical performance and experience to patients
- Manage clinic staff to ensure optimal patients flow, implementing changes where appropriate
- Manage clinical, operational and information risks
- Ensure that incident reporting/complaints procedures are followed including liaison with clients, preparation and submissionof reports and communication of outcomes to patients, clients and internal teams. Management of escalation to local/national bodies as required.
- Provide timely and accurate reports as required
- Ensure patients are given the opportunity to provide meaningful feedback on their experience of the service and work with patient groups to improve standards, as necessary
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with internal teams, colleagues
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with external stakeholders (sub-contractors, commissioners etc.)
- Support contract meetings with the preparation and presentation of KPI and performance information
- Take the lead in service improvement and development
- Devise and implement new service delivery initiatives
- Manage service in line with all requirements outlined in the service contract including preparation and submission of quality and activity reports
- Support the management of contracts and estate requirements of the premises
- Embrace Newmedica's values and strategy and model behaviour for all staff members, driving high levels of staff satisfaction and retention
- Manage and provide leadership to the whole clinic team, motivating them to achieve or exceed set performance targets and deliver high standards of care
- To lead on the recruitment, coaching and development of an appropriately resourced administrative team, ensuring that all colleagues are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver sustainable service growth in a safe and professional manner
- Seek to resolve all people issues, liaising with the HR team on complex issues including but not limited to recruitment, performance, conduct and absence
- Ensure delivery of local induction processes including completion of log books and modular training programmes by mentors or equivalent
- Ensure the clinic team are well supported and lead team development including the completion of performance appraisals
- Communicate key information from Quality Improvement Forum (QIF), Medical Advisory Committee (MAC), Information Governance Committee (IGC) and Operations Management Group (OMG) to all clinic staff
- Ensure that all statutory and mandatory training is compliant at all times, accessing additional training requirements as necessary
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure that all pre-employment checks are completed prior to start dates and repeat checks are carried out in line with policy
- Implement all applicable company policies, procedure and protocols to meet Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards and to promote best practice, including complying with the Caldicott Principals and the Data Protection Act 1998, specifically with regards to: patient confidentiality, health and safety, infection control, equality and diversity, risk management and safeguarding
- Always ensure that the operational team works to promote optimum patient safety
- Monitor compliance with established best practice standards and ensure an action plan is in place to deal with any areas pf non-compliance
- Support any operational and clinical audit activities and research
- Completion of governance reports as required by service contracts
- Contribute to the service integrated clinical governance meetings, with the preparation of performance data and recommendations for improvement, and dissemination of lessons learned
- Work with the finance team to provide input to budget setting and monitoring of expenditure
- Sign off expenses and expenditure to an agreed limit
- Manage internal budget against expected performance
- Approve supplier invoices to an agreed limit
- Be part of the on-call duty rota for Newmedica services