Band 6 Sexual Health Nurse
HCRG Care Group
This job is now closed
Join our fantastic Sexual Health Team at Townside Primary Care Centrewhoprovide an excellent confidential sexual health service in Buryincluding information and advice on all types of contraception, STI testing and treatment. Our service is confidential, non-judgemental and for people of all ages, genders, and orientations.
You will work within our Sexual Health service,where the aim is toprovide high quality nursing care for patients attending the service. You will be delivering integrated sexual health provision to clients of all ages and from a diverse range of cultural and social backgrounds. You will be working closely with key team members to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of clinical sessions.
This is a part-time position (15 hours per week) working 8am - 4pm on Tuesday and Wednesdays.
Main duties of the job
Your days will be rewarding and fulfilling, some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- To provide high quality integrated sexual and reproductive healthcare (SRH) and genito-urinary medicine (GUM) to all client groups accessing the integrated sexual health service through the provision of a safe, friendly, non-judgmental and confidential service.
- To assess, in consultation with clients, their contraceptive and safer sexual health needs in order to provide individualised advice and care, with relevant teaching and demonstration regarding the chosen method of contraception.
- Following training provide relevant tests/screening, including microscopy, and treatments for sexually transmitted infections including HIV testing, Chlamydia Screening and immunisation for high-risk groups. To assess any related health care needs and advise the client accordingly or refer to the relevant heath care professional.
- To arrange appropriate referrals and liaise with both statutory and voluntary agencies for those patients identified as having social / emotional problems. This includes complex issues around child protection and vulnerable adults and the assessment by spotting the signs for under 18s.
A full list of responsibilities can be found in the attached job description
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We're a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn't happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and well need to close it earlier than the date we've shown here. If you're keen to join our team, wed love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
To find out more about HCRG Care Group, please visit https://www.hcrgcaregroup.com/about-us-2
As a Band 6 Sexual Health Nurse, youll be part of our valued team atTownside Primary Care Centre in Bury
You will feel valued as a Band 6 Sexual Health Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £35, 392 - £42, 618 Band 6 salary withNHS Pension and full Agenda for Change terms and conditions
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover lifes emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our Outstanding learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where youre encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- Free tea, coffee and milk at your base location