Expert by Experience - Peer Support Worker
HCRG Care Group
This job is now closed
We are looking for anExpert by Experience.
We are looking for candidates who have lived experience in the care system &/or the criminal justice system
We have an exciting opportunity within ourSET CAMHS and Affinity services. The'Peer Support Worker'will be a vital role model for the young people and families we work with. You will be able to draw on lived experience and demonstrateempathy and understanding amongst the individuals suffering from mental health and trauma.
HCRG Care Group strives to do more for inclusivity and opportunitys for people who potentially may lack professional experience but may have a wealth oflived experience and we want to champion that.
Main duties of the job
- To provide peer support to service users supporting them in relation to their careplan on a 1-1 or group basis focusing on building relationships and opportunities to learn together.
- To bring empathy and understanding into all interactions with service users by sharing lived experience and hopefulness.
- To work closely with the Senior Lived Experience Lead to develop the community offer ensuring all services developed are co-produced collaboratively with children, young people (CYP) and their families to build positive relationships and ensure they are responsive to service user needs.
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UKs leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services.Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
Were committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. Were a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesnt happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and well need to close it earlier than the date weve shown here. If youre keen to join our team, wed love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
To find out more about HCRG Care Group, please visit https://www.hcrgcaregroup.com/about-us-2
As a Lived Experience Peer Support Worker, you will be part of our amazing team in Essex.
You will feel valued within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £22,000with group pension.
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on every day purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover lifes emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our Outstanding learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where youre encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- The pride of working for an organisation committed to the highest clinical and quality standards: with the majorityof our rated services holding good or outstanding ratings from the Care Quality Commission.
- The ideal candidatehas lived experience of growing up in thecare system / criminal justice system/ mental health services and willingness to positively share own life experiences.
- Excellent communication skills with children, young people, and adults.
- They must be able to communicate well and bring support and empathy to the role.
- They must be passionate about mental health and wanting to make a real impact to the young people we work with.