This job is now closed
Online service, remote working
Salary £100,000 -£130,000 per annum and pro-rata if part-time (DOE)
Hours: 24 hours - 40 hours per week
Closing date: ongoing
We are currently looking for Consultant Psychiatrists to provide assessment and treatment plans for people referred to our adult ADHD service.
*We are offering a welcome bonus of 5% of the first years salary for this post *
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide assessment and treatment plans for people referred to our adult ADHD service and ensure safe and effective service delivery within PUK. The role will be a remote working one. The role will also adhere to the flexitime principles for PUK.
Psychiatry-UK is the leading provider of online mental health services in the United Kingdom. A career here offers the opportunity to develop your knowledge, skills and life experiences while enjoying the unique opportunity to work in a full or part-time role from your home office. Working in a leading, online mental health service means working amongst innovative, forward-thinking and committed professionals in a multi-disciplinary team.
If you feel could contribute to our vision which is to improve access to medical expertise for people struggling with their mental health and to be THE online psychiatry service enabling people to live their best possible lives, then we would love to hear from you.
At Psychiatry UK can we offer:
- Starting salary of up to £130,000 (depending on experience)
- Golden Hello Sign-On bonus equivalent to 5% of starting salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The post holder will primarily have a variety of responsibilities, including the following. This list is not exhaustive, and the post holder could be asked to perform a wider variety of duties to ensure resilience across the team.
- Assess patients referred to the Adult ADHD service
- Provide advice regarding investigations and interventions for patients referred to the ADHD service
- Develop a new caseload as well as taking over patients from consultants who leave PUK
- Provide follow up for patients with ADHD according to contractual arrangements
- Provide prescriptions, when required
- Offer and engage in supervision arrangements, as required
- Adhere to policies, procedures and any other clinical governance requirements
- Undertake a minimum number of patient appointments per week, in accordance with your employment contract
- Undertake any and all necessary administrative tasks to ensure, safe, effective and high quality care for your patients
- Maintain minimum CPD and appraisal requirements, each year, according to GMC standards
- Adhere to GMC Good Medical Practice
- Engage with annual job planning review with the clinical lead or clinical director, as required
- Work with other clinicians and non-clinicians within the service and organisation to deliver care
- Provide leave cover for colleagues in a reciprocal arrangement
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).