Primary Integrated Community Services
This job is now closed
At Primary Integrated Community Services (PICS), we are committed to putting patient care first. We are looking for an individual who has experience of working in a customer focused environment to provide administrative support to our Community Gynaecology and Community Pain Services that cover most of the Nottinghamshire area.
You must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and enjoy a challenge. To succeed in this role, you will have an empathetic approach to patients, be an excellent communicator, and sound keyboard skills.
If you have an eye for detail, thrive on varied and full range of administrative duties including patient telephone queries, record keeping and booking appointments, and are focused on patient centred care, then this could be the role for you.
The hours will be flexible to suits the needs of the service but will generally be between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
Main duties of the job
- To provide day to day effective and efficient administration support.
- To be able to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Good standard of general education including Maths and English qualification.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a customer service focused environment.
Benefits of working for PICS
We offer a comprehensive package which includes:
- Part of a team of experienced administrators and supported by a Team Lead who will help support your professional development
- Part of the NHS Pension Scheme or an alternative government-based scheme (based on eligibility) with generous employer contributions
- Competitive salaries with clear progression pathways – referenced to NHS Agenda for Change
- Fully integrated with NHS IT systems
- Generous annual leave entitlement which references NHS Agenda for Change and recognises previous NHS service
- On appointment – 27 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 5 years – 29 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 10 years – 33 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- Competitive leave entitlement that includes sickness pay and maternity leave
- Join a caring culture and a company of can-do experts
The Out of Hospital team helps patients that are registered to both gynaecology and chronic pain/chronic fatigue syndrome/ME services. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide day to day effective and efficient administration support.
- Be able to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Talk to patients/clients in a positive and friendly manner and deal with their queries
- Deal with administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner
- Working as part of a busy team, process telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations accurately and appropriately.
- Typing of clinic letters using audio typing and digital dictation
- Accurate data entry and processing using SystmOne and other databases
- Working to ensure high levels of confidentiality and information governance in your work
- Effective communication with clinical and administration teams
- Providing cover for colleagues
- Achieve set targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Occasional travel to clinics and face to face customer contact
- Flexibility in approach to work tasks, able to prioritise a busy workload.
- Complete relevant training and participate in team meetings
GENERAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, patients and contractors
- Ability to deal calmly with patients in distress or who exhibit challenging behaviour
- Ability to communicate clearly by telephone, email and letter
- Ability to recognise when someone is having difficulty understanding or communicating and respond appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with confidential information and understand when consent has to be gained to discuss confidential information
- Ability to make judgements on issues and when to refer onto more senior staff or Clinicians
- Ability to plan and organise your own work
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements
- Able to process data securely in line with data protection regulations
- To follow PICS policies and procedures
Knowledge and skills
Hours per week
Primary Integrated Community Services
For questions about the job, contact:
22 April 2022
Agenda for change
Negotiable £9.50 per hour
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working