Lead Practice Manager
Primary Integrated Community Services
The closing date is 04 July 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Practice Manager to join our dynamic team. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about providing high quality care.
You will be based at PICS Headquarters and will cover our GP Practices including:
- Whyburn Medical Practice, Hucknall
- Meden Medical Services, Mansfield
- Peacock Healthcare, Carlton Hill
- Hama Medical Centre, Kimberley
You will be lead a team of Practice Managers and be supported by our Managing Director and Medical Director who are on the PICS leadership team.
Main duties of the job
- Work with PICS Management Team to agree the Practice strategy, formulate objectives and research and develop ideas for future practice development
- Have an overview and develop the financial viability of the Practices, ensring appropriate record keeping is maintained and reporting systems are in place
- Support payroll, finances, HR, policy, IT and CQC preparation alongside the PICS Primary Care management structure
- Good standard of general education (standard grade in Mathematics and English or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a team or service
- Experience of working in a General Practice environment
We offer a comprehensive package which includes:
- Part of a team of experienced practitioners and supported by the Directors who will help support your professional development
- Part of the NHS Pension Scheme or an alternative government based scheme (based on eligibility) with generous employer contributions
- Competitive salaries with clear progression pathways referenced to NHS Agenda for Change
- Fully integrated with NHS IT systems
- Generous annual leave entitlement which references NHS Agenda for Change and recognises previous NHS service
- On appointment 27 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 5 years 29 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 10 years 33 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- Competitive leave entitlement that includes sickness pay and maternity leave
- Join a caring culture and a company of can do experts
The main purpose of this new post is to work across the PICS family of practices, ensuring that our resident Practice Managers and Administrators are supported in their day to day role. This person will have an overarching responsibility to ensure that the practices are working within their budgets and maximising the use of NHS income funding streams, and our practice resources are used to maximum benefit to patients and the practices.
PICS are looking for an experienced Practice Manage who fully understands the financial workings of the practices and their funding streams, a great motivator of people to work within a supportive Management and Clinical Team to deliver General Practice Care for Patients at the PICS family of Practices.
This successful candidate will have commercial acumen and be able to identify and maximise opportunities for income generation from our building assets that are currently underutilised.
The Practice Manager will be a valuable member of the PICS Primary Care management structure and will access support in Payroll, Finances, HR, Policy, IT and CQC preparation. This support enables the successful candidate to really concentrate on the staff, service delivery, quality and maximising the financial income to the Practices.
Ideally this person will have an understanding of how the PCN structure is set up and additional roles, how these are funded and how we manage them in practice.
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the Practice Manager may include any or all of the items in the following list. Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Managing Director, dependent on current and evolving practice workload and staffing levels:
- Strategic management and planning
- Financial management
- Human resources
- Operational management
- Patient services
- Information technology
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
TRAINING FOR THE ROLE:
It is expected that the Practice Manager will be sufficiently experienced and competent to manage the Practice with minimum supervision, following a period of induction. It is expected that an induction will include familiarisation and support on PICS processes, policies and methods of operation. A background in Primary Care is not essential but is desirable. A personal learning plan will be developed to support the induction.
Personal and professional development will be provided with reference to a Practice Manager Competency Template which has been developed by the Primary Care Team.
Please download the supporting documentation for a full description of the job role. It is essential you read this information prior to applying.
Knowledge and Skills
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Primary Integrated Community Services
01 June 2021
Agenda for change
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working