Primary Integrated Community Services
This job is now closed
HOURS: 37.5 per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Recruitment/HR Administrator to join our dynamic team. This position is well suited to an individual who is enthusiastic about providing high quality recruitment and HR service across the organisation.
Main duties of the job
You will support the recruitment and HR administration function from placing adverts, short-listing and interview administration to pre-employment checking and on-boarding of new staff. The role involves communicating with colleagues and candidates to ensure a smooth recruitment and on-boarding process; working on HR systems ensuring that all records are updated and maintained accurately and dealing with queries in a timely manner.
As a successful candidate, you will be highly motivated, have a passion for people and making a difference to others with excellent communication skills. You will be organised, have high attention to detail and will thrive in a fast paced and changing environment. You must be able to work effectively to deadlines and demonstrate a can do approach. Previous experience in recruitment and HR administration is desirable.
Benefits of working for PICS
We offer a comprehensive package which includes:
- Part of the NHS Pension Scheme or an alternative government based scheme (based on eligibility) with generous employer contributions
- Competitive salaries with clear progression pathways referenced to NHS Agenda for Change
- Fully integrated with NHS IT systems
- Generous annual leave entitlement which references NHS Agenda for Change and recognises previous NHS service
- On appointment 27 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 5 years 29 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- After 10 years 33 days plus 8 days bank holiday entitlement
- Competitive leave entitlement that includes sickness pay and maternity leave
- Join a caring culture and a company of can do experts
POST TITLE: Recruitment/HR Assistant
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
GRADE: £18,005 - Agenda for Change Band 2
To provide a quality Recruitment and HR support service to support the PICS HR function.
To be the first point of contact for Recruitment and HR enquiries, managing communications.
To work in close partnership with the HR team members to ensure that the Recruitment / HR Administration processes are coordinated and delivered in a professional and timely manner.
- Recruitment: to support the advert placement/ interview administration/ pre- employment clearance/ induction administration and on boarding of all new staff.
- HR Administration: To update HR System for staff amendments.
- Ensure all systems and records are updated and maintained to a high standard at each stage of the Recruitment/ HR Admin process.
- To be the first point of contact for applicants and Managers requesting recruitment information by phone, email or face to face. This includes dealing with queries in a professional manner, providing advice and ensuring follow up emails/ files notes/ databases are updated.
- To be the first point of contact for HR queries, diverting them to the appropriate person for resolution or taking contact details and messages as appropriate.
- To ensure that vacancies are not advertised without the correct pre-recruitment authorisation being in place.
- Process advertisements in full onto relevant job boards. This includes proof-reading adverts, JDs and Person Specifications for inaccuracies and co-ordinating vacancy files, to include vacancy job description/person specification, additional information and equal opportunities data.
- Responsible for the processing of shortlisting/ interview invitations, including the prompt distribution of documents / email notifications and updating of databases.
- Support applicants and managers with queries, including the correct use of any recruitment paperwork, forms, systems or databases.
- Production of letters/forms to both applicants and Recruiting Managers at any stage of the recruitment process from application to onboarding.
- Check right to work documents and work permits to ensure all candidates are eligible to work in the UK.
- Support pre-employment screening for each applicant, in alignment with the local policies and National Standards.
- Chase missing information from applicants at all levels including forms that have not been returned.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of recruitment/HR Administration procedures and processes.
- Organise meetings and requirements (e.g. booking rooms, arranging refreshments etc) and take notes, as necessary, at relevant meetings.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Primary Integrated Community Services
26 March 2021
Agenda for change
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working