Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub [SYS-47658]
Circle Health Group
This job is now closed
Theatre Practitioner- Orthopaedic Scrub
Circle Reading Hospital Full Time Permanent
Up to £45,000 (depending on level of experience, training and qualification)
Circle Reading Hospital is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group has an exciting opportunity for aTheatre Practitionerto join our friendly and motivated team of staff working in the hospitalTheatre Department.
This is a full-time role at 37.5hours a week across flexible shift patterns, including earlies, lates and long days..
What we offer?
- Significant investment in your learning and development, from short courses to industry recognised qualifications in everything from clinical skills to leadership
- Flexible shift patterns to support your work-life balance
- The autonomy and support to make influential, necessary decisions
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, lead a team, and deliver quality care across a range of services
Main duties of the job
What we require?
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- 2 years scrub experience
- Preferred Ortho experience
Benefits and rewards:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools and services to support your wellbeing
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
and much more!
Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub
Full Time Permanent
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Circle Reading Hospital in Reading is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner or ODP to join their team of staff in the Theatre department. This is a full-time role for 37.5 hours a week. Part time hours are also available. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Mentorship qualification
- MUST have one year current experience in Anaesthetics or Scrub in an acute hospital.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment.
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Achieve agreed objectives and demonstrating Circle Health Group behaviours at all time.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
For further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy please refer to the job description.
Salary & Benefits:
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- Staff Health Checks
- Blue Light Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work and much more!
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).