Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub [SYS-48617]
Circle Health Group
This job is now closed
Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic ScrubThe Woodlands Hospital 37.5 hours & PermanentUp to £37,668.75 + benefits (depending on level of experience, training and qualification)
Circle Health Group has an exciting opportunity for aTheatre Practitionerto join our friendly and motivated team of staff working in the hospitalTheatre Department.
This is afull-timerole at37.5hours over a 6 day week, across flexible shift patterns. Shifts are 12-20:30, 8-16:30, 8-13:30, 8-20:30, 8-18:30,10-20:30 - Monday to Friday
Main duties of the job
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
The Woodlands Hospital in Darlington is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
What we offer?
- Significant investment in your learning and development, from short courses to industry recognised qualifications in everything from clinical skills to leadership
- Flexible shift patterns to support your work-life balance
- The autonomy and support to make influential, necessary decisions
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, lead a team, and deliver quality care across a range of services
Benefits and rewards:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools and services to support your wellbeing
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
and much more!
WHO ARE WE?
We are Circle Health Group.
We are the number one independent provider of hospital services in this country, with more than 50 hospitals, 6000 specialists and 2 million patient visits each year.
We offer high quality, safe, accessible and affordable healthcare.
We want to be the most innovative and patient focused healthcare organisation.
WHO ARE YOU?
You make sure that standards of patient care are consistently applied and maintained.
You maintain and enhance customer service and satisfaction.
You promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
WHAT DO YOU DO?
Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE?
Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
You deliver care competently, with courage, commitment and compassion all delivered with excellent communication skills.
You reflect on your practice and identify any further learning.
WHAT SORT OF PERSON ARE YOU?
You are a great communicator with different people at different levels.
You are an excellent judge and decision maker.
You are a highly effective problem solver.
You are proactive and driven to succeed.
You are punctual, committed and reliable.
You are flexible and adaptable.
You are committed to lifelong learning
You have to maintain your knowledge and conduct your duties responsibly with the guidance of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
You treat all patient information as confidential and would only breach confidence if you felt that a patient or member of staff was at risk of harm.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).