Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North-East region.
FULL TIME - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
SALARY £27,000-£28,000 PER ANNUM PRO RATA TO HOURS WORKED
Main duties of the job
We are currently recruiting for a Counsellor to join our team.
The Postholder will provide a range of evidence-based psychological interventions as part of the Hartlepool Supporting Treatment and Recovery Together (START) team, this is a partnership between Hartlepool Borough Council and Foundations delivering an integrated substance misuse treatment service. They will contribute to patient assessment and treatment within the project providing counselling to support the wider treatment plans.
The successful candidate will hold a Diploma or higher award in counselling or counselling psychology or recognised training / qualification in a major psychological therapy approach.
Please note this role will be based in our Hartlepool office.
This position may require flexible hours between 8am until 8pm weekdays.
You must have full right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer working visa opportunities.
For more information on this post please contact us via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23rd November 2023
Interview Dates: 30th November 2023
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, 38 days annual leave pro rata, rising 1 day every 5 years of service (as well as the option to purchase additional annual leave) EAP health scheme including costs towards eye tests/glasses, dental treatment, physio treatment, life insurance and shopping discounts alongside a 3% contributory pension scheme. We also offer lots of health and wellbeing initiatives for our staff and promote flexible working for a positive work life balance.
Alliance Psychological Services has organisational responsibility for safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults within our service, part of this is to follow safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is also a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is a Living Wage employer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To work as a member of the START Team Hartlepool
- To create and maintain effective working relationships within the START team in Hartlepool.
- To offer advice and support to other members of the wider Primary Care Team, including GPs and other Health Professionals, on mental health issues, Adult Social Care, and in relation to appropriate referral pathways for patients with mental health needs.
- To liaise effectively with Secondary Care and voluntary sector organisations and services
- To attend meetings and provide reports as required.
- To assist in the development and promotion of the service
To provide a range of therapeutic interventions
- To provide assessment, including risk assessment, of clients referred for psychological therapy within the Primary Care setting.
- To select and deliver a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions, in collaboration with the client.
- A desirable skill having knowledge of trauma, Adverse Childhood Experiences, and an understanding of Motivational Interviewing Techniques with substance misuse.
- To work within an appropriate time framework,
- To make appropriate onward referrals following assessment for clients requiring other services, including statutory and voluntary agencies
- To maintain clients confidentiality within agreed guidelines
- To work with an appropriate range and number of cases selected with the support of their Clinical Supervisor as suitable for the current stage of clinical skills development.
- Responsible for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults by promoting the welfare of service users at all times and operating within local policies and procedures.
- Under guidance and support taking appropriate safeguarding action to protect children and vulnerable adults at risk of significant harm.
- Under guidance and supervision to identify and support families in accessing Early Help Services
- To share appropriate information with other agencies regarding the service users wellbeing and progress keeping within the boundaries of Confidentiality and Information sharing protocols.
To provide a professional and ethical service
- To maintain appropriate records including all required assessment and evaluation tools
- To undertake relevant Continuing Professional Development activities both as required for the purposes of continued professional accreditation or registration and as identified through Alliances Professional Development and Appraisal System
- To undertake an appropriate amount of clinical supervision from a qualified Clinical Supervisor within Alliances Supervision Programme
- To operate within agreed Alliances professional guidelines and Codes of Practice
- To ensure a safe and secure working environment for self and others and to act as necessary within Health and Safety and other guidelines.
- To adhere to all service Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- To promote and value the rights, responsibilities and diversity of people using the Service.
- In the performance of their duties, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to clients and their care, staff and others. They may also have access to information relating to Alliance as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to clients, carers, staff, other healthcare workers or Alliances business may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with Alliances policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
This job description is designed to identify principal responsibilities only. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role in accordance with changes in Alliances organisational objectives and priorities.