Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North-East region. We are working in partnership with Middlesbrough & Stockton Mind to deliver the IMPACT on Teesside service.
Due to the promotion of one of our team members, we are looking for an experienced administrator to join our existing admin team.
As a front-line member of this team, you will deal directly with people contacting the service and provide admin support to the team of therapists. You will also assist in providing an efficient appointments administration service by assigning appointments for new patients to the service. You will be the point of contact for referral and first appointment telephone enquiries and any other duties relating to the referral or appointment booking process.
Main duties of the job
The ability to work both independently and with direction is a necessity; experience of the patient management system IAPTUS would be advantageous, however full training will be provided.
You should also have an NVQ Level 2 in Administration/Business subject or substantial relevant experience, and a good understanding and experience of working with database systems. Computer literacy is essential as you will be expected to input information onto a clinical database.
This position is based at our Redcar office within Redcar Civic Centre.
The hours of work required are for 15 hours per week: Tuesday 12:00-20:00 and Wednesday 08:00-16:00. Please only apply if you can work these required hours.
More hours are available from our Middlesbrough and Stockton office locations which can be discussed at interview if of interest.
Salaries will be based on £21,255 per annum pro rata to hours worked.
Closing date for applications: 24th September 2023
Interviews will be held on: 2nd October 2023
You must have right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer working visa opportunities.
*Previous applicants need not reapply.
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, flexible working (where appropriate), child-care voucher scheme, 38 days annual leave per annum/pro rata, EAP health scheme and a 3% contributory pension scheme.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is committed to the National Living Wage.
Alliance Psychological Services follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of clients. Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
The post holder will offer administrative support to Impact on Teesside and provide a first point of contact to people accessing the service. They will also assist in providing an appointment administration service ensuring that all new patients are offered an appointment within specified deadlines to meet targets set by the contract Commissioners.
They will ensure a timely turnover of workload for the team and maintain an accurate and up to date clinical database for the service.
This position requires flexible hours between 8am until 8pm on weekdays.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide efficient, accurate and timely administrative support to all team members including ensuring appropriate maintenance of electronic diaries, taking messages as appropriate, and dealing with confidential information.
- To offer new patients a first appointment within the target dates; send an appointment letter and appropriate literature to the patient.
- To ensure all information regarding appointments is entered onto the clinical database accurately.
- To ensure a professional customer focused service is maintained at all times with excellent communication.
- To ensure all service mail is appropriately handled and accurate messages are taken and passed to the relevant team member or designated duty worker as soon as possible.
- To ensure an effective filing system is maintained.
- Any other duties that may be required to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the administrative function of the service.
- To assist in the provision of information to patients of GP practices referred to or contacting the service including responding sensitively and promptly to those accessing the service by phone.
- To assist in the processing of all referrals to the service to ensure that agreed target times are met.
- Liaise with therapists within the team making sure their availability for new patient appointments has been provided on a weekly basis.
- To enter clinical and other data onto the Clinical Database in accordance with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to cover the main reception desk for premises where this is applicable. Provide a courteous and efficient reception service for people visiting the building and respond to incoming telephone calls.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested.
- In the performance of their duties, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to clients and their care, staff and others. They may also have access to information relating to Impact as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to clients, carers, staff, other healthcare workers or Impact business may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with Impact policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.