Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North East region. We are working in partnership with Middlesbrough & Stockton Mind to deliver the IMPACT on Teesside service.
1 x FULL TIME - 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK - JOB SHARE WILL BE CONSIDERED
We are looking for an experienced administrator to join our existing admin team in a Senior position.
You will support the Lead Administrators in the delivery of an efficient administrative support service to Impact on Teesside. This will include assisting with the day to day running of the administration team by producing rotas to ensure the workload is efficiently covered, assisting with training and support of the admin team, and liaising with Leads to highlight and problem any potential issues with processes and procedures. You will also line manage a small team with support from the Lead Administrators.
Main duties of the job
Alongside your senior responsibilities, you will deal directly with people contacting the service and provide admin support to the team of therapists. You will also assist in providing an efficient appointments administration service by assigning appointments for new patients to the service. You will be the point of contact for referral and first appointment telephone enquiries and any other duties relating to the referral or appointment booking process.
You should have an NVQ Level 2 in Administration/Business subject, and a good understanding and experience of working with database systems. Computer literacy is essential as you will be expected to input information onto a clinical database.
This position will be based at our Redcar office within Redcar Civic Centre. Hours of work will be 3 days 8am-4pm and 2 days 12pm-8pm, with flexibility required to cover periods of holiday and sickness.
Salaries will be based on £21,500 per annum.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 11th December 2022
Interviews will be held: Friday 16th December 2022
You must have full right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer working visa opportunities.
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, 38 days annual leave pro rata, rising 1 day every 5 years of service (as well as the option to purchase additional annual leave) EAP health scheme including costs towards eye tests/glasses, dental treatment, physio treatment and shopping discounts alongside a 3% contributory pension scheme. We also offer lots of health and wellbeing initiatives for our staff and promote flexible working for a positive work life balance.
Alliance Psychological Services has organisational responsibility for safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults within our service, part of this is to follow safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is also a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is a Living Wage employer.
The post holder will support the Admin Lead in the delivery of an efficient administrative support service to IMPACT on Teesside.
Alongside their senior responsibilities, the post holder will offer administrative support to Impact on Teesside and provide a first point of contact to people accessing the service. They will also assist in providing an appointment administration service ensuring that all new patients are offered an appointment within specified deadlines to meet targets set by the contract Commissioners. They will ensure a timely turnover of workload for the team and maintain an accurate and up to date clinical database for the service.
This position requires flexible hours between 8am until 8pm on weekdays.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Admin Leads with the day to day running of the administration service
- To lead on specific elements of the referral pathway ensuring referrals are processed in line with policies and procedures
- To take minutes of meetings when required
- Assist with training and induction of new members of staff
- To liaise with purchasing teams to ensure offices are fully stocked with stationery and other necessary items
- Be a point of contact for team queries when the Admin Leads are unavailable
- Take on specific projects/ad hoc tasks as agreed with Admin Leads
- Line management of administrators within the team
- To provide efficient, accurate and timely administrative support to all team members including ensuring appropriate maintenance of electronic diaries, taking messages as appropriate, and dealing with confidential information.
- To offer new patients a first appointment within the target dates; send an appointment letter and appropriate literature to the patient.
- To ensure all information regarding appointments is entered onto the clinical database accurately.
- To ensure a professional customer focused service is maintained at all times with excellent communication.
- To ensure all service mail is appropriately handled and accurate messages are taken and passed to the relevant team member or designated duty worker as soon as possible.
- To ensure an effective filing system is maintained.
- Any other duties that may be required to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the administrative function of the service.
- To assist in the provision of information to patients of GP practices referred to or contacting the service including responding sensitively and promptly to those accessing the service by phone.
- To assist in the processing of all referrals to the service to ensure that agreed target times are met.
- Liaise with therapists within the team making sure their availability for new patient appointments has been provided on a weekly basis.
- To enter clinical and other data onto the Clinical Database in accordance with agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to cover the main reception desk for premises where this is applicable. Provide a courteous and efficient reception service for people visiting the building and respond to incoming telephone calls.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested.
- In the performance of their duties, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to clients and their care, staff and others. They may also have access to information relating to Impact as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to clients, carers, staff, other healthcare workers or Impact business may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with Impact policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.