HR Training Administrator
Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North East region. We are working in partnership with Middlesbrough & Stockton Mind to deliver the IMPACT on Teesside service.
We are looking for a Human Resources Training Administrator to carry out administrative and generalist HR duties at our central office in Stockton-on-Tees.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Main duties of the job
You will provide administrative support to the HR Assistant and HR Lead, with HR functions such as training, recruitment, sickness, and DBS processes. You will be required to work independently and use your own initiative, whilst also taking direction from the HR Lead when necessary.
The ideal candidate will take a fair and consistent approach to their work and offer support to staff and be a proactive member of the wider team.
You should also have an NVQ Level 2 in Administration/Business subject, and a good understanding and experience of working with database systems. Computer literacy is essential as you will be expected to input information onto databases and excel spreadsheets.
The post holder must be able to work flexibly to cover the business needs of the service. We are looking for somebody to work 25 hours across 4 or 5 days throughout the week.
Salaries will be based on £19,305 per annum, pro rata to hours worked.
You must have right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer working visa opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 11th July 2022
Interviews will be held on: Week Commencing 25th July 2022
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, 38 days annual leave pro rata, rising 1 day every 5 years of service (as well as the option to purchase additional annual leave) EAP health scheme including costs towards eye tests/glasses, dental treatment, physio treatment and shopping discounts alongside a 3% contributory pension scheme. We also offer lots of health and wellbeing initiatives for our staff and promote flexible working for a positive work life balance.
Alliance Psychological Services has organisational responsibility for safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults within our service, part of this is to follow safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is also a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
The post-holder will provide administration support, to coordinate and oversee all aspects of our HR and training processes to ensure they run smoothly as well as providing support to the HR Assistant. The post holder will have the ability to manage their own workload being organised and able to prioritise is vital.
DBS Check required (level of disclosure): Basic
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate and coordinate all training events and workshops for both Alliance and the IMPACT on Teesside service
- Keep training spreadsheets up to date & maintained
- Keep our HR System updated with all training undertaken and completed for all staff
- Issue & collate training evaluation forms & update on training spreadsheet to feedback into training meetings as needed
- To coordinate and record all employee appraisals on database and report on this biannually
- To oversee and coordinate the recording of staff professional memberships/CPD.
- Attend training meetings for Alliance and the IMPACT on Teesside service and produce meeting minutes/ issue meeting agendas.
To assist the HR Assistant when needed to:
- Coordinate each Alliance recruitment campaign from advert to new starter.
- Organise interviews - including room bookings & interview pack preparation.
- Completing new starter requirements, references, new starter welcome pack completion
- Complete new employee/promotion announcements.
- Coordinate induction programmes for new employees, ensure these are returned.
- Coordinate the end of probationary review dates
- Provide a general HR administration support service
- Maintain filing & online personnel files for Alliance
- To support HR Assistant to ensure the HR system is kept up to date and are reports are run regularly and reviewed, for example professional membership/qualifications
- To support HR Assistant to ensure DBS process is in place for all staff, affiliates and placements
- To support HR Assistant in maintaining files for all Alliance affiliates, placements
- To support HR Assistant with daily and monthly sickness records for staff
- Assist HR Lead to ensure all employees have job descriptions that are reviewed once a year and updated if needed
- To coordinate and update all employee appraisals and complete a training plan for Alliance alongside HR Lead.
- To support HR Assistant on the health and wellbeing groups for Alliance, coordinating Alliances newsletter on a quarterly basis
- To operate within agreed Alliance and professional guidelines and Codes of Practice
- To assist and support staff with general HR email enquiries.
- To adhere to all Alliance Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- To promote and value the rights, responsibilities and diversity of people working within Alliance and using our Services
This job description is designed to identify principal responsibilities only. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role in accordance with changes in Alliances organisational objectives and priorities.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.