Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North-East region. We are working in partnership with Middlesbrough & Stockton Mind to deliver the IMPACT on Teesside service.
FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR - 15 hours per week across 3 days
Salary - £19,305 pro rata to hours worked
We have a vacancy for a Finance Administrator working within our established Finance Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales and purchase ledger duties including dealing with queries in relation to invoicing, inputting data into Sage, making payments online, collating and processing staff expense sheets, reconciling accounts and general ad hoc accounting administration duties alongside another member of the team. It may also be necessary to provide reception cover at times.
Main duties of the job
You will have experience in a similar role, and a good understanding and experience of working with spreadsheets including inputting data accurately.
The ideal candidate will have the relevant administrative and computer skills and be able to communicate confidently both in person and by telephone. The ability to work both independently and with direction is a necessity.
Closing date for applications: 7th November 2022
Interview date: 15th November 2022
You must have right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer working visa opportunities
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, 38 days annual leave pro rata, rising 1 day every 5 years of service (as well as the option to purchase additional annual leave) EAP health scheme including costs towards eye tests/glasses, dental treatment, physio treatment and shopping discounts alongside a 3% contributory pension scheme. We also offer lots of health and wellbeing initiatives for our staff and promote flexible working for a positive work life balance, as well as group life insurance.
Alliance Psychological Services has organisational responsibility for safeguarding all children and vulnerable adults within our service, part of this is to follow safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is also a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is a Living Wage employer.
The Post Holder will provide administration support in the Finance Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute customer invoices within the required timescales using Sage and other systems as required.
- Ensure the correct VAT status has been applied to customer invoices where applicable
- Monitor and record customer payments received
- Deal with customer queries in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Monitor and chase customers for outstanding/overdue payments
- Collation of supplier invoices, coding appropriately and directing to relevant manager for authorisation
- Ensure the correct VAT coding has been applied to supplier invoices
- Post authorised invoices onto Sage and arrange for payment to be made within the required timescales
- Deal with supplier queries in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Maintain a direct debit register, ensuring information is kept up to date and payments are made in line with mandates
- Maintain a purchase lease register, ensuring information is kept up to date and payments are made in line with agreements
- Collate staff expenses, ensuring they are accurate and duly authorised. Code appropriately and post onto Sage. Arrange for payments to be made within the agreed timescales.
Other Finance Duties
- Maintain a petty cash system, ensuring procedures are complied with at all times
- Ensure paperwork is in place for credit card transactions. Ensure transactions have been correctly authorised, coded and posted onto Sage.
- Help prepare payroll information for submission to accountants. Make payroll payments to staff
- Ensure staff pension information is kept up to date and payments are made in line with auto enrolment legislation.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card account and petty cash account in line with procedures
- Other finance duties as required.
- Provide reception cover as required
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested
- In the performance of their duties, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to clients and their care, staff and others. They may also have access to information relating to Alliance as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to clients, carers, staff, other healthcare workers or Alliance business may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with Alliance policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.