Clinical Counselling Supervisor
Alliance Psychological Services Limited
This job is now closed
Alliance Psychological Services is an independent provider of counselling and psychological therapy services based in the Tees Valley area and working across the North East region.
Main duties of the job
CLINICAL COUNSELLING SUPERVISORS
7.5 hours per week
Salary: £34,000 pro rata to hours worked
We are currently looking to add to our team of Clinical Supervisors to work with staff from our Primary Care Psychological Therapies and Workplace Wellbeing Services. Successful applicants will have an in-depth knowledge and training in a recognised psychological model as well as a qualification and experience in clinical supervision, alongside significant experience in Primary Care and/or Workplace services.
Applicants should be able to offer a minimum of 6 hours a week for individual supervision and ideally should be accredited with an appropriate professional body.
For more information on this post please contact Anne Drummond on 01642 352747 option 4 for further details.
Alliance offers first rate training and development opportunities, flexible working (where appropriate), child-care voucher scheme, 38 days annual leave per annum/pro rata, EAP health scheme and a 3% contributory pension scheme.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in our employment practice and service delivery. We are signatories to the Mindful Employers Charter. Alliance also has Investors in People status and is committed to the National Living Wage.
Alliance Psychological Services follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each persons individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of clients. Please note that due to the nature of the duties of these roles, an enhanced criminal records disclosure will be sought in the event of a successful application.
To provide clinical supervision to therapists within Alliances teams working into Workplace Wellbeing and Primary Care Psychological Therapies Services across the Tees Valley and North East region to assist in ensuring the quality and standards of our service delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To work with Alliance therapists and services
- To create and maintain effective working relationships with supervisees, the wider Alliance Team and with the Workplace Wellbeing and Primary Care Service Managers
- To attend meetings and provide annual supervision and other reports as requested
- To assist in the development and improvement of services and the Alliance Training and Development Programme in collaboration with the Alliance Management Team
2. To provide clinical supervision
- To provide supervision to staff delivering psychological therapies within the Workplace and Primary Care settings, either one-to-one or group as required
- To assist in maintaining Quality, Professional and Ethical Standards in service delivery, and to raise concerns appropriately where these are not being adhered to
- To take appropriate clinical responsibility for work undertaken by supervisees within the service
- To assist supervisees in making appropriate onward referrals for clients requiring other services, including statutory and voluntary agencies
- To maintain clients and supervisees confidentiality within agreed guidelines
3. To provide a professional and ethical service
- To maintain appropriate records of supervision as required
- To undertake relevant Continued Professional Development both as required for the purposes of continued professional registration and as identified through Alliances Professional Development and Appraisal System
- To undertake an appropriate amount of clinical supervision for supervision from a qualified Counselling Supervisor with experience of Primary Care and Workplace/Employee counselling work
- To operate within agreed Alliance, NHS and professional guidelines and Codes of Practice, and in accordance with the above
- To ensure a safe and secure working environment for self and others and to take action as necessary within Health and Safety and other guidelines.
- To promote and value the rights, responsibilities and diversity of people using the Service.
This job description is designed to identify principal responsibilities only. The post holder is required to be flexible in developing the role in accordance with changes in Alliances organisational objectives and priorities.
Skills and Abilities
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Alliance Psychological Services Limited
05 May 2021
£34,000 a year
Part-time, Flexible working