Flexible Workforce Hub Service Manager
This job is now closed
CBC Health Federation are launching a Flexible Workforce Hub. The Hub will provide sessional staff to GP Practices across Gateshead Primary Care Networks to cover annual leave, short term absences and provide additional workforce to increase capacity to offer patient appointments.
The Flexible Workforce Hub Service Manager will be responsible for the on-going development of the Hub, engagement of Practices and recruitment and retention of Hub staff. The role requires the production of relevant documentation and tracking of the project against the service plan and within budget in addition to outcome measurement and implementing service developments.
Main duties of the job
The Flexible Workforce Hub Service Manager will be responsible for the on-going development of the Hub, engagement of Practices and recruitment of Hub staff. The role requires the production of relevant documentation and tracking of the project against plan and within budget in addition to outcome measurement and planning new developments.
The post holder will nurture and maintain a working environment and culture of trust, openness and effective team working amongst CBC employees, Gateshead General Practices, Primary Care Networks and Flexible workforce Hub staff.
The post holder will report to the strategic Workforce Lead, and Clinical Leads/ Directors and will ensure that the Hub is delivered safely and cost-effectively, in line with contractual requirements aligned to both NHSE and CBC’s strategic priorities. Working in partnership with the PCN Workforce Development Lead within CBC, and HR Manager the post holder will be flexible, reliable, and accountable for the delivery of the outcomes of this role.
CBC Health Federation is a not-for-profit provider of community and primary care in the North-East of England. Established in 2006 as a member organisation CBC Health Federation supports federated General Practice in Gateshead developing innovative solutions to support resilient General Practice.
If you would like to contact anyone regarding this role, please contact Nicola McDougal at email@example.com
- Responsible for ongoing service delivery, ensuring the Flexible Workforce Hub is fully utilised throughout Gateshead GP Practices and Primary Care Networks
Responsible to develop the service seeking opportunities for service growth.
Responsible for the recruitment and retention of Hub staff, providing a robust on-boarding process for Hub staff.
Provide on-going engagement of Gateshead GP Practices to continually develop the service to meet the needs of Practices and Gateshead Patients.
Develop and deliver a programme of education and training to support and develop the skills of Hub staff.
- Maintain productive relationships with Practices, Hub staff, Gateshead System and other organisations throughout the assurance and onboarding processes.
- Lead on development and communication of the work being delivered locally and regionally.
- Responsible to audit the service on a quarterly basis, providing feedback on the effectiveness of the Hub to key stakeholders, including CBC Health Federation Board, ICB Portfolio Manager and Strategic Workforce Development Lead.
- Be accountable for the analysis and interpretation of performance data, reporting at key stages on effectiveness of Hub, meeting regularly with ICB Portfolio and Workforce Lead to feedback on the effectiveness of the Hub.
- Responsible for managing Flexible Workforce Hub budgets, evaluating monthly spend to ensure the service is providing value for money.
- Develop monthly budget reports in collaboration with CBC Health’s finance manager and present data to ICB Portfolio Manager and Strategic Workforce Development Lead and justification for spend.
- Lead and manage an identified group of staff across a variety of locations.
- Liaise at a senior level with colleagues across Gateshead’s health and social care system to ensure that the Hub is promoted and accessed as a resource to support Gateshead Practices and patients.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of chosen e-rota system with provider, GP Practices, ICB Portfolio Manager and Strategic Workforce Development Lead.
- Experience of coordinating projects of work and forming effective collaborative working.
- Work with CBC senior team to support and influence change and support the Gateshead Primary Care workforce.
- Responsible for adhering to CBC corporate, information and clinical governance processes in conjunction with the Chief Executive and Clinical Director.
- Responsible for ensuring IT and hardware support is aligned and appropriate to workforce requirements
- Support and advise the Clinical Director, CBC Chief Executive and Governance Board/clinical reference group of any significant clinical risks and/or governance issues in relation to the Hub, assisting in resolving and mitigating risk.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for own actions.
- Oversee and report on the ongoing effectiveness of the Hub, making suggestions for improvements to enhance collective performance.
- Actively contribute to internal and external audit of CBC’s services, including CQC inspection.
- Effectively manage own time, designated workload, and resources.
- Effectively deliver a variety of outcomes to a high quality with changing priorities and tight timescales
- Be accountable for the delivery of quality outcomes for individuals and systems within CBC.
- Experience working in the health care sector.
- A degree or equivalent qualification preferably in leadership or project management.
- Experience of working within a staff bank, preferably in a leadership role.
- Experience of working in a leadership/management position, preferably with responsibility for managing projects and the performance of individuals.
- Knowledge of Gateshead’s health and social care system.
- Experience of on-going recruitment and retention of staff.
- Experience of training and development of staff.
- Experience of managing budgets and providing opportunities to maximise current and future budgets.
- Experience of analysing and presenting performance data to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of analysing data.
- Experience of on-going service development to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Experience of securing external funding for on-going service development.
- Experience of managing and leading others.
- Demonstrates good strategic awareness of wider issues facing the NHS and social care adapting the service as required to reflect these issues.
- Experience of information governance and effective systems management such as job planning and appraisal.
- Evidence of participation in leadership development opportunities.
- Experience of leading service change.
- Experience in engaging with a range of partners and stakeholders to develop and support the delivery of Primary Care services.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to shape the development of the business and the services within it.
- Able to take a consultative approach to work, appropriately involving relevant people in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Confident speaker skilled in engaging presentation.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.