Anaesthetic Team Lead
Spire Healthcare Ltd
The closing date is 19 June 2023
Anaesthetic Team Lead | Bushey | Full time no night shifts | Excellent salary, training and CPD opportunities
As our Anaesthetic Team Leader you will be overseeing a small team and will be supported by both our Theatre Manager and a Deputy.
Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a variety of elective procedures including ENT, neurological, orthopaedic, laparoscopic, ophthalmic, gynaecology and urology.
This is a full time position working shifts across Monday Saturday
Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshires leading private hospitals, with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality private hospital treatment. The hospital offers a premium service in key areas of complex healthcare including orthopaedics, neuro spinal, general surgery and gynaecology. Spire Bushey Hospital forms part of a 4-site portfolio and is supported by and works alongside Spire Bushey Diagnostic Centre, Elstree Cancer Centre and Spire Pathology Centre based on Centennial Park in Elstree - just 5 minutes from the main hospital site.
Main duties of the job
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as anaesthetic assistant
- Support the Theatre Manger to lead, teach, counsel and appraise staff to ensure development needs are identified and met. Implement personal development plans to meet ongoing development needs
- Supervise and educate junior staff, RGN's, ODP's and carry out clinical supervision
- Contribute to the overall advancement of the Operating Department to promote excellence in clinical care
- Act as a role model, demonstrating high levels of clinical expertise, leading, managing and delivering excellence in clinical care
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- Be responsible for the assessment of anaesthetic and recovery care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients to ensure delivery of a high standard of care on every shift
- Administering local anaesthetics
- Assess patients health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload
- Develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
About Us Welcome to Spire Healthcare Careers - Here at Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion. We have been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 25 years. Everything we do works towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. We're committed to looking after people, both patients and staff. Join us, and you'll receive a warm welcome. Who are we? - A profitable, successful business led by an experienced and stable senior management team, we provide the highest quality of care through the latest medical technology, new facilities, and a focus on inspiring leadership and employee development. About the Team Spire Bushey Hospital is one of North London and Hertfordshire's leading private hospitals and we take pride in delivering high-quality care. We offer fast access to expert healthcare, from consultations with a wide range of specialists and advanced diagnostics to personalised treatments and aftercare.
18 May 2023
Depending on experience
Heathbourne Rd, Bushey
Who we're looking for
- Registered Nurse with an anaesthetic qualification orOperating Department Practitioner with anaesthetic experience
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Analysing staff and theatre management problems and coming up with viable solutions
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
- Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
- Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solutions for the service
We offer employed colleagues a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Spire for you reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We are extremely proud of our heritage in private healthcare and of our values as an organisation:
- Driving clinical excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Caring is our passion
- Keeping it simple
- Delivering on our promises
- Succeeding and celebrating together
Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing Date: 17th June 2023.If we have received sufficient applications, this date may be brought forward so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Louise Tankard on email@example.com
For us,it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
- Please see above
- Please see above
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Spire Healthcare Ltd
Heathbourne Rd, Bushey
https://www.spirehealthcare.com/ (Opens in a new tab)
For questions about the job, contact: