Ellern Mede Group
This job is now closed
As a Social Worker you are motivated to make a difference? .... Join us to revitalise your career and the health of young people with eating disorders.
Location: Site based - Rotherham
Salary: £35,500 to £40,000
Hours: Full Time and Part Time Available
As a Social Worker you are required to work effectively within the MDT to support our young people, their families and carers. As a critical member of the team, is it essential you hold strong risk management and safe guarding knowledge/skills.
Excellent working knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983/2007 as well as other statutory legislation such as Childrens Act 1989, Care Act 2014, child protection, protection of vulnerable adults and multi-agency public protection arrangements is required.
Ideally you will have experience of working with children and young adults within a mental health or CAMHS service.
Main duties of the job
Please see the attached job specification for all duties and responsbilities in regards to this role.
Essential elements to your role:
- Assessments of and meeting with carers and families.
- Liaison with community services to secure transfer of care as required
- To act as link between inpatient services and receiving community teams
- Discharge planning.
- liaising with/assessing advocacy services.
- Overseeing patient rights.
- Providing holistic social circumstances reports for tribunal.
- Management and supervision of junior staff
Ellern Mede Group, are a collection of 4 in-patient hospitals that specialise in the treatment of eating disorders.Eating Disorders are extraordinarily complex illnesses that present with abnormalities in physical and psychological functioning. The physical complications have the potential to cause permanent damage and in some cases are life threatening. The causes are complex and multi-factorial, including genetic, neuro-developmental and environmental influences. They require a comprehensive treatment programme including medical, psychiatric, psychological, social and educational interventions.
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Meal provided on site
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Travel expense paid at a competitive rate
- Sick Pay (after one years service)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
Specific tasks Include
- To be responsible for the assessments of client social care needs and of carers and participate as part of the MDT within the care programme approach processes.
- Attendance at MDT meetings and update the team on progress from a social service point of view.
- To be a member of the Ellern Mede Safeguarding group.
- To provide leadership and advice in social care issues.
- To undertake professional assessments and compile reports in your capacity as social worker.
- To liaise with and arrange advocacy as required.
- To develop and maintain a carers support group and liaise with families.
- To provide advice and support to patients, carers and nursing colleagues around welfare benefits and financial assessments.
- Establish and maintain effective links and working relationship with key internal and external colleagues.
- Ensure records and information systems are kept accurately including the inputting and updating of information on the centre computerised information systems.
- Taking a share of supervising any staff allocated to them and as appropriate supervise students from professional or other courses who are on placement and participate in teaching and training of self and others.
- To act in a professional manner at all times, attend all mandatory training, keep abreast of changes in legislation, maintain CPD, maintain and act within the boundaries of your professional registration.
- To participate in other duties, which will be of benefit to the application of professional skills, e.g working parties and specialist service developments and policy formulation.
- To provide consultation/ in house training as required in relation to child protection, safeguarding etc, to adhere and contribute to the review of polices and procedures.
- To inform managers of individual case issues which may have implications for others, policy or departmental strategy generally. To support with auditing processes.
- To ensure records and information systems are kept accurately including the inputting and updating of information on the centres computerised information systems and in patient written notes.
- To adhere to policies and procedures particularly health and safety legislation and report incidents.
- To ensure that all patients are safeguarded from potential harm and to conduct activities in a manner which is consistent with professional practice, policy and legislation.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).